cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Long Distance call blocked

I tried to dial the phone number of a legitimate business in the UK. The phone number is as followed:

011 44 871 559 1852

(In case you wondered, it is Travelodge and I am not doing the commercial for that company. )

I tried 3-4 times and Public Mobile came up with 2 messages each time

1) Please wait while we tried to connect you. Long distance charge may apply. (and yes I did pay for the add on for long-distance calls already and yes, the minutes are still here.)

2) The number is removed for security reason. (the phone number was seen as a security threat). Hence I would not be able to get through.

I tried dialling other UK numbers, but they work fine.

Would somebody please enlighten me on this?

(PS I dialed the number digit by digit. I did not press an entry on my Contacts to dial this number, but I still was not able to connect)

Tags (1)
Oracle

Re: Long Distance call blocked

Try +44 not 011

Mayor / Maire

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Or you can try 011 44 then the london number including area code. 

I did try to dial without the 011, but then it is rejected

Tried that too

I tried

1) Dial the whole 011 44...... (10 digits)

2) Dial without the 011; just plain 44 ...(10 digits)

No help. the first 3 digits after 44 is the area code, so it is part of the 10 digits, apparently

Oracle

I call the UK from time to time and have no issues.  I decided to donate a few long distance minutes to science and see happens.  I get the same message.  Using 011 or + has never made a difference for me and didn't make a difference in this test.  Google dialer does report the number as belonging to Travelodge York bill road.  I don't know what to say.

Mayor / Maire

@alhaha:

mimmo_L was suggesting the actual + (plus) sign in front of the 44. I don't like it but if it works then great.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

sorry thought that might help good luck

Mayor / Maire

Is it possilbe that the number is out of service for some reason or changed?  Do you have a friend that can call that number with their phone?  Just to make sure it is still active.

I know with the US dialing, there are certain area codes that are not "covered" by Public Mobile long distance plan.  Is it possilbe that certain UK numbers are not covered also.  

Maybe try re-booting your phone to see whether that makes a difference.  

Otherwise, if nothing else works, you may want to contact moderator, but expect 2-3 day wait for response.