cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Add On for Local Calls - How to check my minutes left

danielminami
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a 15$ monthly plan with 100 minutes outgoing calls.

I'm confident that I haven't use 100 minutes, but I can't just prove it because I can't find any decent report.

At the same time, there's a weird message when I try calling saying that I'm missing a long distance add-on (this is a local call). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Daniel

6 REPLIES 6

BHM123

Thanks, this was super helpful.

@danielminami wrote:

I can't see how much I have used, but I'm not a frequent user so I don't thing I used more than 100 minutes.

When I try to make a local call it says "Sorry, you dont have a long distance add on".

Voicemail retrieval will also use your outgoing minutes.  Also all minutes are rounded up to the nearest minute.  You can check your usage by logging into your account, under Change Plan near the top of your overview page, click My Usage.  It will give you a more detailed history of your usage. 

If you think that is incorrect, then you'll need to message moderators via SIMon.  Submit your ticket here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/  

@danielminami wrote:

I can't see how much I have used, but I'm not a frequent user so I don't thing I used more than 100 minutes.

When I try to make a local call it says "Sorry, you dont have a long distance add on".

If you log into your self serve and on the overview page under my data and addons if you don't see XXX/100 for minutes used it means you have used up all of your minutes and will not be able to make outgoing calls.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

danielminami

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@danielminami wrote:

Hi,

I have a 15$ monthly plan with 100 minutes outgoing calls.

I'm confident that I haven't use 100 minutes, but I can't just prove it because I can't find any decent report.

At the same time, there's a weird message when I try calling saying that I'm missing a long distance add-on (this is a local call). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Daniel

You can try add +1 in front of all calls you make.  But first make sure you still have outgoing minutes left in your plan.  Log into your account and scroll down to the middle of the page under My Add-ons.  If the outgoing minutes don't show there, you have used them all up.

You can buy the $5/500 minutes Canada wide minutes to supplement your plan.  These minutes roll over every month until used up and will be used when you've depleted plan minutes.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@danielminami It does say that when out of minutes for all calls but won't proceed. Is it saying add-on needed or message about long distance charges? The second message can be ignored.

Need Help? Let's chat.