cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Out of Community Account

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I recently got a community name change from the moderators and now when im trying to login to my community account i cant. I tried my old community username and my new one. it says username or password is not recognised. Any ideas before i contact a moderator ?

20 REPLIES 20

@gwhitema  

Lol....as soon as I saw your username I thought are you ghosting @gblackma ? I occasionally cannot sign into my account like this morning coincidentally but I have not changed my username.....i think my problem lies in my tablet or Firefox.

Have you signed in successfully before using the new username? If not it could be a slight spelling mistake somewhere?

Edit: looks like I was sleeping at the wheel....whatever @BearFBI  you gave me my laugh of the day!

@BearFBI no worries @armondo! I agree they should atleast tell you that you need to reset your password

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And im in ! it feels good to have my account back. Thanks @gpixell ! I had to reset my password 9 times. it wouldn't let me reset it for some reason but now i got it working. I wish i didn't sent that ticket to the moderators. The moderator i was talking to before didn't instruct for me to change my password.

BearFBI

@gpixel Yeah I got that email. But when resetting it says unable to reset password. I'll keep on trying.

@BearFBI . Since you're able to get in now on your phone. What about changing your password?  Maybe something a bit easier to remember?

Mine for instance (self serve account) is a combination of lower/uppercase, numbers..and sometimes I have to enter it a few times as I make an error.

Example PublicMobile - pU8L1cMo8iLe easy potential of making a typo lol.

If you did want to try changing your password. On top right click your badge then select "My settings".

From dropdown that says "email" switch it to "password". Then you'll enter current password and new password you want.

Edit - after reading @gpixel post. Maybe a temp pass is made when username is changed. Check your mail like gpixel mentioned.

@BearFBI this happened to me when I changed my username too. the mods actually send you a password reset in your email after they've changed you username. just log out and reset your password and use incognito/private mode

BearFBI

Oh. I forgot i was logged into my community account on my phone. if i were to logout I wouldn't be able to log back in. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@gwhitema are you @gblackma ???lol

Brings back memories of the _public clan?

gwhitema

@gblackma wrote:

@gwhitema you were in here this morning. Maybe the cia just messed with you @BearFBI . 😉😎😎

Ive actually been here for much longer. I just changed my name to BearFBI this morning so i seemed new. My original username was my real name so i though i would change it. 

gwhitema

@dude65 wrote:

@gwhitema ...Make sure your caps lock buton is off. Having the caps lock is a pet pev of mine when other use the same pc.

Yep caps lock is off. I login to my community account everyday and get in so it seems to be a problem ever since my username was changed. 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gwhitema ...Make sure your caps lock buton is off. Having the caps lock is a pet pev of mine when other use the same pc.

gwhitema

It looks like im contacting the moderators. ill see you guys back on my main account again when i can login. lol. 

@gwhitema you were in here this morning. Maybe the cia just messed with you @BearFBI . 😉😎😎

gwhitema

@RossN wrote:

@gwhitema hi  try clearing your cache rebooting your comp and try chrome with ingognito mode

Tried that

gwhitema

@Jb456 wrote:

@gwhitema are you @gblackma ???lol

@Jb456no. its @BearFBI. I just didnt know what username to put so i put gwhitema to annoy @gblackma. lol

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gwhitema If you mean your self service account. And you forgot your secret question.  Then contact the Moderator Team there are 2 ways:

• Faster response - Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower respomse- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Ask th3m for a temporary password.  Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@gwhitema hi  try clearing your cache rebooting your comp and try chrome with ingognito mode

gwhitema

@pharaohpeter wrote:

@gwhitema  Maybe your account become locked after trying to log in unsuccessfully too many times?

@pharaohpeter I don't think that's possible for community accounts. My first login attempt failed. so my second login attempt i tried my new username. It still dosent recognise. My password has never changed so that's not the problem.

pharaohpeter

@gwhitema  Maybe your account become locked after trying to log in unsuccessfully too many times?

Need Help? Let's chat.