cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Old Posts

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To prevent necroposting Public Mobile should lock old threads.

9 REPLIES 9

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Looking up new posts.....there needs to be a menu addition to show the last newest post for the last discussion/thread for the last 25 newest. See this site here for example. 

This site has that. From the main Community page, click on the line with the little > to the right that says Latest Posts.

Thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Looking up new posts.....there needs to be a menu addition to show the last newest post for the last discussion/thread for the last 25 newest. See this site here for example. 

This site has that. From the main Community page, click on the line with the little > to the right that says Latest Posts.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don’t think discussions/threads should be locked. 

I see the same questions posted repeatedly from newbies. And that is what it is. But some newbies may find their answer in an old post and may ask another question just to confirm. 

Posts should be moved if they are in the wrong discussion/thread. 

There should be an option to lock a discussion/thread for some specific reasons. Ie a dated offer, now expired. PM would make that list. 

The discussion/thread groups require an improved definition of what the discussion is to be about. 

SCRATCH MY LAST POINT! SOME HAS ENLIGHTENED ME...THANK YOU. 

Ed404

@ashhiscock wrote:

I feel the same. Alot of the threads are outdated now and people sometimes just want the points

That's how I see it, but Public Mobile may not count them towards community contribution. If that's the case locking old posts wouldn't be needed.

ashhiscock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I feel the same. Alot of the threads are outdated now and people sometimes just want the points

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why bother? We're here to help whoever posts wherever. Many people don't use these kinds of fora so they just want to get an answer. Where do you draw the line anyway? Nah.

I draw the line at a couple of years. I recently saw someone posting on a thread from 2015.

It happens, you get people who will use the search function it will bring up there issue which is an old thread and they post in there.  So we don't want to see those locked where people can't post in them if they are unfamiliar with online communities and how they work.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

Why bother? We're here to help whoever posts wherever. Many people don't use these kinds of fora so they just want to get an answer. Where do you draw the line anyway? Nah.

I draw the line at a couple of years. I recently saw someone posting on a thread from 2015.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

To prevent necroposting Public Mobile should lock old threads.

ashhiscock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would agree there

Need Help? Let's chat.