cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link for referral code - Can you add manually the SIM to the URL?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Is there a way to add the SIM card number to this URL (its fake) https://activate.publicmobile.ca/?raf=xxxxxx

If yes, what would it look like?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

@ctbmacdonald wrote:

Nothing personal, my friend. Just thinking out loud in general about the pros/cons for automatic links for referals, SIM Numbers... or whatever a URL could be used for.

Didn't mean to say anything disrespectful if you took it as such.  I agree it would be convenient with automating data in URLs with something like PHP GET parameters but just saying it poses other risks.  Just forget I said anything.  😁

No problem. I was looking for an easy convenience.....and I guess you know more about the potential dangers. 

ctbmacdonald
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nothing personal, my friend. Just thinking out loud in general about the pros/cons for automatic links for referals, SIM Numbers... or whatever a URL could be used for.

Didn't mean to say anything disrespectful if you took it as such.  I agree it would be convenient with automating data in URLs with something like PHP GET parameters but just saying it poses other risks.  Just forget I said anything.  😁

@ctbmacdonald wrote:

That would be a real easy way to get people to sign up under you, but would allow people to make fake advertisements to get bonuses.  It would be more like an affiliate program than a referal if it was done with a link.

I’m looking at a convenience thing. I don’t get your “make fake advertisements to get bonuses“ comment. Putting in the SIM number......can only be used once and you would be a fool to set up an account without 100% reassurance it is or will be in your ownership. Am I missing something?

ctbmacdonald
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That would be a real easy way to get people to sign up under you, but would allow people to make fake advertisements to get bonuses.  It would be more like an affiliate program than a referal if it was done with a link.

I don't believe that you can. I know that the referral code can be manually typed in, but adding the sim card number would require understanding of how the activation site is programmed.

Need Help? Let's chat.