cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customer

JohnF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi : I just like to find out if this scenario would work for the promotion.

I would like just do the activation for the sim card and selct a temporary phone number first. Then I port my Freedom number some other day before the end day June 30.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@mikga,

Agreed.

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's too bad as my son always wants to switch to PM and he's been waiting for the promo as my daughter has the same plan only $120 12GB LTE province wide for 90 days. I missed the promo as didn't know that at all. Suggested that PM should have sent email notifications to PM users to avoid us missing the NEWS!!!! But they never do it.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No. It has gone the way of the dodo bird, likely never to be seen again... unless FM snatches too many of Telus/PM's customers.

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is this promo still on for freedom customer switch to PM?

Please let me know aspa.

Thanks

JohnF

I do not think Shazia_k has read the message.

joay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Shazia : I sent you a private message yesterday to let you know I ported my Freedom phone number after I activated my account earlier. Please add the 6 GB to my plan accordingly.

Thanks

@canin wrote:

I live in Ottawa and work in Gatineau. Would the unlimited calling and other features for this promo for freedom customers work in Gatineau? Also I am having a hard time logging into my account

This has beeen discussed before by a few people.  People in those locations often cannot make local calls.  Public Mobile's system checks to see if the phone call that you are making is within the same province, and if it isn't, the call won't go through.

Unfortunately, this means that while Public Mobile's network sees or thinks that you are in Gatineau, you will not be able to receive any phone calls, and you will not be able to call back to Ottawa either.

You'll probably want a Canada-wide calling plan instead.

canin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Ottawa and work in Gatineau. Would the unlimited calling and other features for this promo for freedom customers work in Gatineau? Also I am having a hard time logging into my account

@JohnF Please review this reply from another mod. 

JohnF
Hi all; thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thank you for confirming, @Shazia_K.  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey guys, 

yes, as @NDesai mentioned, It's possible as long as you are in the promo period! 🙂

Cheers, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@imm1304 @JohnF Seems like it's possible according to this reply from Marie.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @JohnF,

My understanding is that you have to port the Freedom number during activation.  Thats how PM will track that you have migrated from Freedom for this promo.  

Lets get our awesome mod @Shazia_K to confirm.

Need Help? Let's chat.