cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lesson learned

Willaug56
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Forgot to turn off notification on Daves letter and was that ever fun cleaning up my mail inbox Smiley LOL

15 REPLIES 15

You will learn more from his pass post! Smiley HappyCat Happy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I choose to keep notifications on because I feel very important when I get 68 emails within 10 minutes.  I open up my mail app and boom - I have tons of messages.  I feel like people are seeking me out and I feel wanted.  Smiley LOL Heart

@ute1978,

Here is the thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/A-Letter-From-Dave-Reflecting-on-our-jo...

@ute1978 wrote:

Do you have a link to Dave's letter? I never subscribed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Willaug56 wrote:

Forgot to turn off notification on Daves letter and was that ever fun cleaning up my mail inbox Smiley LOL

@Willaug56That will happen 😉 That's why I have subscribe off for all by default. Unless I choose to subscribe I don't get notified.

Yup. The only notification I have chosen is for pm's. But I don't hear much from Justin 🙂

Willaug56

That's good only if you have nothing else in your inbox

Willaug56

Read what you wrote wrong will12am, I just unsubscribed from ther topic only 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

The problem with unsubscribing is losing out on announcements that may be of interest.  It is so easy to hit the delete button. 

@will13am uhm, no.  You can't subscribe to new announcements via the type of subscriptions being discussed here.  [Aside: you can do so with an RSS reader, however.]  Turning off email subscriptions to replies on topics you've replied to has no affect on your ability to be notified of new announcements (unless they are added to an existing announcements thread, to which you are subscribed, but they don't really do that.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Willaug56

Thats what I did will13am

mcs11

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Willaug56 wrote:

@Willaug56That will happen 😉 That's why I have subscribe off for all by default. Unless I choose to subscribe I don't get notified.

The problem with unsubscribing is losing out on announcements that may be of interest.  It is so easy to hit the delete button. 

@will13am  The issue for me was that my other account (I have two, one for me and one for my kid) had somehow subscribed to that particular thread. I was able to delete the subscription to that thread only while keeping notifications active for other items. Definitely a good learning for me.

mcs11

@Willaug56 wrote:

@Willaug56 Me too! Figure out how to configure my settings pretty quick after that. 🙂

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Willaug56 wrote:

Do you have a link to Dave's letter? I never subscribed.

@RobertQc wrote:

@Willaug56 wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Willaug56, they must have sent emails destined for other customers your way.  I have several active accounts.  I got zero emails and one text message so far about this 5 day contest. 

bradman20012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happened to me as well. I got 40 emails with in 5 minutes.....Now I know to turn of post notifications.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Willaug56 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.