cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legit offer?

dealforme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got the following text from 5130.  Sounds to good to be true

An offer so good, we can barely believe it! 8 GB of data for $45 per month on Koodo's 4G LTE network! That means speeds more than 10x* faster than your current

63 REPLIES 63

These promos will be sent via sms to you directly, when ou are targeted.  If you do not receive the SMS directly, you do not qualify.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just signed up with PM yesterday for the $40/4.5GB deal, but the representative at WoW Mobile mentioned that Koodo was offering a promotion to switch over to a $45/8GB LTE plan but wasn't sure how long you had to be with PM in order to do that. She said maybe 30 days or so. Does anyone know of these restrictions? I tried putting in the JOINKOODOCRP code on the Koodomobile website and my phone number as the validation code like some forums advised but it didn't work. Would appreciate any information on this.
Thanks.

Scotty2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@bilal684- This offer is still available.  Good until August 21st.  Follow the instructions in the screen shot earier in this thread and you're good to go!

Thanks!

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bilal684 wrote:

does anyone knows if the 40$ 6gb offer is still available?

Long gone this offer, you been sleeping I guess, when the offer available 😁😋, you snooze you lose 😀

PM008

Really?  According to my text message, the offer is good until August 21.

PM008

I received this offer too (through a text message) but I am staying with Public Mobile.  I don't want to pay more for the data that I don't need.

sswilson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From what I've read over on RFD it's no longer active.

bilal684

does anyone knows if the 40$ 6gb offer is still available?

mahsere

I don't use that much data that's why I am not switching I am paying $33 after reward deductions and I have 4.5 gigs at 3g . I did not even use one gig and my plan will be renewed after 6 days so I am not going to Koodo Screenshot_20180810-172108_20180810203518673.jpg

Doko

I also recently switched back to Koodoo on this plan. It was too good to pass up. Sorry Public Mo !!! My account at public got literally deleted... i can't log in there at all after i switched. I wonder if i have a credit left over or everything burned ?

cbcurtis

Promo code worked for me today with BYOD. Yesterday it would only work with a small tab plan. They seem to be making changes daily. Two days ago I could only see the $60 for 10 GB plan. Today I got the $45 for 8 GB plan.

Good1

Good deal if you need the gigs. I still like the $40 6gig plan better. To each his/her own. 🙂

cork99

It’s a good deal I switch over to Koodo yesterday if people would like referrals  50 dollars bills credit but it’s 10 dollars off for 5 months not bad

sswilson

No credit on the account but I'll have about a week left on my current 30 day term that I'll lose. OTOH the $50 referral credit I'll get from koodo will more than make up for it. (Get a referral before you finalize the switch to koodo).

cappaj

@sswilson wrote:

@sswilson wrote:

@sswilson wrote:

It was sent out to quite a few folks who have never been Koodo customers, but in those cases the initial text wasn't complete.

Still didn't work for the folks who got it though.... required small tab and only showed the pre-existing $60 promo.

Quoting myself because there's a change.... the offer now works for me with a small tab. Haven't check to see if it works on BYOP, and haven't decided yet if I want to actually go for it......

Extra info.... it's also a shock free data plan so there's no real concerns about overage charges.

Gotta do some thinking now.... do I want a full 8GB and full LTE speeds?

Quoting myself yet again since there's a new update.....

BYOP is now working for me in the online checkout.

Hate to say it, but I think I'm going to jump... it's a pretty decent deal.

edit: Yeah, took the plunge. Thanks to PM for the last couple of months....  🙂

Did you have a PM account balance with remaining credit in it? If so - do you know if you can take it with you? I've been wondering if that's possible...

sswilson

@sswilson wrote:

@sswilson wrote:

It was sent out to quite a few folks who have never been Koodo customers, but in those cases the initial text wasn't complete.

Still didn't work for the folks who got it though.... required small tab and only showed the pre-existing $60 promo.

Quoting myself because there's a change.... the offer now works for me with a small tab. Haven't check to see if it works on BYOP, and haven't decided yet if I want to actually go for it......

Extra info.... it's also a shock free data plan so there's no real concerns about overage charges.

Quoting myself yet again since there's a new update.....

BYOP is now working for me in the online checkout.

Hate to say it, but I think I'm going to jump... it's a pretty decent deal.

edit: Yeah, took the plunge. Thanks to PM for the last couple of months....  🙂

dealforme

Actually, my 3 month old work number with PM received the offer.

sswilson

@popping wrote:

@sswilson wrote:

@sswilson wrote:

Small tab is extra $10/m for 24 months for a small tab phone.  Make sure check BYOP

BYOP still doesn't work, but there are a few pre-owned phones for $5 tabs (shows $10 before adding a plan, but changes back to the proper $5 once the plan is added).

So... that's $120 for a 2/32GB phone that's certified to have less than 30 days use. Not that bad of a deal.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sswilson wrote:

@sswilson wrote:

Small tab is extra $10/m for 24 months for a small tab phone.  Make sure check BYOP

sswilson

@sswilson wrote:

Haha ok this one does make me laugh

This EXACT same plan was (previously) only offered to Manitoba clients

So I did the loophole trick to get it

And now ... Cat LOL

sswilson

Respublica

yes and at the same time this offer is only addressed for ex Koodo, not for anybody. Thanks for your explanation.

Respublica

@szymon247

I guess you need to be an ex Koodo client, not just anybody. That means I am not eligible.

It is for previous koodoo customers.  It is stated in the message.

doubt koodo would offer this to any pubic mobile users suddenly.  

@Respublica, this is an amicable migration.  Both brands are owned by Telus.  This is an intentional way of getting customers to move upscale on brand and hopefully in a way that is accretive to increased ARPU. 

szymon247

You need to sign a contract over there, which makes it a huge difference, as PM is pre-paid. You will be tied to that plan and to Koodo for the duration of that contract too. You will get no bonuses, you will actually pay 45$ every month plus any potential overage and additional services charges, never less.

Such moves are calculated - it means you will end up paying Telus more than you would at Public Mobile.

Respublica

Koodo Promo: $45/8GB Win Back Offer for Public Mobile Customers

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/koodo-promo-45-8gb-win-back-offer-public-mobile/

My question and comment: How come Koodo fight with PM? Why not just focus on real competitor? 8 GB LTE too, too tempting but I just signed with PM 10 days ago....

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FWIW, I had convinced a friend to port from her Koodo $65/month 2GB plan to PM back in July to get the $20 LD activation credit, and she got onto the $40 4.5GB/30-day PM plan (actually she tells me it's $42 because she doesn't have a credit card for auto-pay... is that right?  I see some plans indicate "Autopay Reward Included" in their plans but the $40/4.5 doesn't, so a bit inconsistent on PM's "Plans" page).

Yesterday, she got the following text:Koodo win-back offerKoodo win-back offer

I told her it's a great deal if she can use the data, but if the "Conditions" (fine print) mandate small tab, then not such a great deal (she's on limited budget, so trying to get it so she's spending less money...)

cbcurtis

I am also new to PM on the $40 for 4.5 GB offer.

Need Help? Let's chat.