cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legit offer?

dealforme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got the following text from 5130.  Sounds to good to be true

An offer so good, we can barely believe it! 8 GB of data for $45 per month on Koodo's 4G LTE network! That means speeds more than 10x* faster than your current

63 REPLIES 63

cbcurtis

I did the same thing as sswilson and texted "offer" to the 5130 number after getting a cut off text. I was then sent the whole offer.

When I try to use the offer code "joinkoodocrp", I can only use it when:

- I add a phone

- must buy it on tab small

- only get the $60 for 10 GB promotion offer, not the $45 for 8 GB offer. 

I may try visiting a store tomorrow. I have a pixel phone and have no intentions of getting a new phone on a tab small plan.

sswilson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I replied in one of the other threads, but this deal definitely isn't working for me even though I got the text.

Promo code doesn't allow "sim only" and even with small tab selected only shows the pre-existing $60 promo.

sswilson

I got the text, but the deal didn't work for me.

The promo code only works on small tab (tried medium tab as well and got a "must be small tab" message), doesn't apply to "Sim only BYOP", and even worse only offers the pre-existing $60 plan as a promo with no mention of the $45 plan being offered.

I strongly suspect this was supposed to be a win-back promo that was sent out to the wrong "mailing" list.

edit: It's been mentioned in the other thread, but if you only got the partial message you can text "offer" back and it'll resend the whole message.

Didn't do it for me though.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wasn't the Fall promo LTE though?

Not too many of us Fall Promo left I think.  I’m scheduled to go #45 for 5,5 GB current promo here onSept 8th.  I might still cancel the plan and stay with the 2016 Promo.

Atur

me too I use about 7GB, however PM was nice to me and I want to stay for now

djmitch99

I use a lot of data so i was curious

From RFD, the promo code appears to be JOINKOODOCRP, reportedly for people on the $40/4.5 3g plans.  No love for Fall Promo users.

Atur

I did today. But I passed.

HereIsNow

I received that text message a couple hours ago but it seems like I only got half the message as it ended part way through a sentence and no link either. Seems like a pretty good deal if it's valid...

djmitch99

Thanks, ill keep my eyes open.  My text is cut off as well.

djmitch99

Currently on $40 4.5gb data plan, have set up to get 6.5gb renewal on my renew date for $50

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@djmitch99

Some people got the offer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Legit-offer/m-p/261647#M74810

Which PM do you have to get this offer?

djmitch99

Hi.  I got a text saying Koodo is offering 8gb of data on the LTE network for $45 but no information on how to respond or research it further.  Anyone else get this?

Thanks

@mimmo I was just going to ask the same question!  Would have been nice if the OP mentioned it in the first post 😛

sswilson

8GB unlimitted canadian T and canadian/US text for $45.

There's a disclaimer of *conditions apply* at the bottom but no further info on the text.

edit: sorry, I misread your question....

4.5GB @ $40

mimmo

What plan are people on that are getting the text?

sswilson

I'm one of the folks who got the cut off text, but was able to get the system to send me the full text by texting back "offer".

When I selected sim (instead of phone) I got an error stating that my phone didn't qualify (this was before I was given a chance to verify with my phone number) and that BYOP wasn't eligible either.

I'm new to this game, but suspect it might have been a misfire.

cappaj

I wonder if there was a misfire of some sort with this promo. On RFD, some people are saying they got the text offering them $45 for 8 GB, but when they put the code in on the site, it only shows $60 for 10 GB as the only promo available. Also, so many people got that half-cut-off text. 

And requiring at least tab small seems like it's taking people off guard, do these offers usually work with BYOP?

Effort

@mynamejc wrote:

It requires a tab-small at the minimum from what I read on RFD. You can try the code out with your number to see if it's available to you even if you don't have the text.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-45-8gb-public-mobile-winback-offer-ymmv-2213266/

I just took some time to test it out and this definitely is the case. The deal isn't a bring your own device. You need to purchase a device and be on small tab.

popping

@will13am wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

In terms of $/GB, we have a new migration plan winner at $5.63, edging out the previous test (to my knowledge) of $6.67/GB for the $40 6GB migration offers.  Nice value!  [If you need the data and full-speed and access to a call centre and access to international roaming and....]

The arithmetic works if you use up all 8 gigs.  If you buy the plan to future proof, then the dollars per gig should be based on how many gigs are actually consumed.

Together with the Koodo retention offer to current Koodo customer, This new migration offer is a winner.

$40 6GB = $6.67/GB

$45 8GB = $5.63/GB

$60 10GB = $6/GB

Just what @will13am said, if you pains threhold lever is under $40, you will be safe.  Otherwise, your habit will change after trying the 8GB or 10GB plans.  Speed and more data are addictive as soon as you let go your wallet.

@srlawren wrote:

In terms of $/GB, we have a new migration plan winner at $5.63, edging out the previous test (to my knowledge) of $6.67/GB for the $40 6GB migration offers.  Nice value!  [If you need the data and full-speed and access to a call centre and access to international roaming and....]

The arithmetic works if you use up all 8 gigs.  If you buy the plan to future proof, then the dollars per gig should be based on how many gigs are actually consumed.

mynamejc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It requires a tab-small at the minimum from what I read on RFD. You can try the code out with your number to see if it's available to you even if you don't have the text.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-45-8gb-public-mobile-winback-offer-ymmv-2213266/

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I read people on RFD reporting getting this deal as well.  Their message includes a promo code.  I think this is legitimate.  8 gigs is too much.  $45 is above my pain threshold.

Effort

Yeah, the deal is legit.

I probably won't take any winback offer for at least a few months. I switched to Public Mobile to save money. 

dealforme

Thanks, I was just heading to RFD.

mog

I read through this RFD link in detail to figure out what's up, since my husband was interested in that plan. It seems you can use the code if it wasn't sent to you, but it requires as Tab Small.

That being said, my husband just called Koodo to see if they could apply my offer to his phone and they couldn't find a record of sending me that text, so perhaps it is a scam?!

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

TEXT back offer

ChrisAnthony

I got a text a short time ago with the same message I seemed like there was another part to it but I only got half the message. It's a shame if this isn't a legit offer, it must be some phishing scam that is trying to troll PM customers LOL.

Need Help? Let's chat.