cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Curve for all bravos grabbers.

jeremiahluis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been noticing a trend here. Every time PM goes through some difficult moments many 'Mayor' statuses or lower; users turn into bravos grabbing fools, so much so they support each other in this venture. The only thing they provide is a nursing hand to your cancer problem. Which is fine in some cases but they don't provide any real solutions. All they have to say is "Be Patient". Let me tell you this is more aggravating than helpful.

Obviously, they have more time on their hands and they might know a lot more of whats going on certain situations cause of their venture.

Instead of saying be patient pass on the knowledge of what you may know either through a post or replying to a message with meaningful and real information. Be a productive member of this community, not a bravos grabber. And for other users please don't encourage this habit. 

9 REPLIES 9

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with the OP and do as @ShawnC13 does. If everyone refrained from brovoing people that posted the exact same info over an hour later I think we would see people actually read the thread before just posting after they read the headline. Unfortunately, I don't think this will ever happen because all community members could never get on the same page 

Sometimes, or even often, there is no knowledge to be passed on.  With exception of the Public Mobile employees, users in this community usually won't have any knowledge about a system glitch or moderator response time. The stuff we know is just from reading around about what others have reported.

As for the quality of posts that should be bravoed, that's at the descretion of each individual user.  Anyone can choose to bravo or not bravo as that person judges appropriate.

With that said, it's okay not to post in a topic if a user doesn't have anything to add to the conversation.  A lot of the the time, the "contact a mod" or "be patient" messages are posted becaise only the moderators can fix specific account problems.

Sometimes this (multiple almost identical solutions/post) happens when people replies almost at the same time (which is ok, there is nothing you can do about it anyways), but I've also seen since a week or two someone replying on multiple occasions on older threads (more than a week old!) where good answers were already posted, some of which were even already marked as solved, and that person was basically repeating the exact same solutions that were already provided...

Anyways, everybody will have a different idea of what is worth a bravo or not, and you can give a bravo for different reasons, I would just say let it be 😉

jeremiahluis

I think you'll have misunderstood this post and made it very personal. I have been reading other posts and do see the similar trend. Is it also unfair to disregard the intention of this post by assuming it has to do something with you'll? As the first commentator even agreed there are people out there who are doing this. This is an awareness post, again. If you feel responsible you deal with it. I'm not writing this to get back at any users. Its all about learning to give more and good information if you know something not bedside manner approach.

jeremiahluis

What are you'll going on about? Again this has nothing to do with people providing me with assistance. The problem is about not giving good information. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jeremiahluis, to be honest, this thread is without merit.  If you are unhappy with how people tried to be helpful in your other thread, then don't make the mistake and look so helpless publicly.  If you know the ropes on interacting with the moderator team, you could have kept it all private.  99.9% of the people in this forum try to be helpful with whatever knowledge they have of the service.  I don't see how out of the blue you can criticize people for trying to offer assistance. 

jeremiahluis

I wasn't speaking about you, in any general or specific way. Your information was good but the manner of how you responded was not called for, I didn't feel the need to give you a bravo. I also, find it very creepy that you are now following me. If you have a guilty conscience of something regarding this it's for you to know and work on. I have nothing more to add. This post is not meant to be some sort of self-assuring or revenge or whatever your mind thinks it is. It is a post for creating an awareness of this problem I have seen happening. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@jeremiahluis, I know you feel I am a bravo grabber as you describe it, but I truly am only trying to help you, and others who keep posting about their waiting, and mentioning they’ve sent multiple messages to the moderators, that it’s not because they don’t care, or are ignoring you, it is that they are truly busy.

Each time, as mentioned by a moderator representative, your private message is sent to them, it goes in to a first in first out queue, and additional messages from you reset the clock to 0 each time you send another one.

Again, the better the information, and more complete the information you send is, the greater chance of a fix for your issue.

i have been helping here in the community for over 2 years.  I used to perform help desk service for my employer for many years.  This is something I enjoy, and frankly, I’m not going out for the bravos, i just wish to help those with issues.  I’m just a community member like you.  most of us are Community members.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jeremiahluis, I stated something like this just the other day where you will have people reply to a post with the same information but like 20 minutes later.  I admit it I am pretty stingy when it comes to Bravos.  It needs to be a helpful post or adding additional information for the OP.  If it is a just a repeat or saying the same thing 20 minutes later no Bravo from me.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.