cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lawyer time.

ChristinaAnneM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just got this response - 

"Removed as per community guidelines:http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Welcome-To-Our-Community/ta-p/641

So this is PM's solution?? I guesse I have to see a lawyer since I have proof I bought the phone & why should I settle for a different phone? I bought my Moto G for a reason, if they want to send me another Moto G, fine, I'm NOT settling for anything less. 

58 REPLIES 58

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I just saw your comments posted at 3:44 pm. Unfortunately, I never received email notification of them.

Thank you for your kind words about being helpful. 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi!

I concur with Cyber's positive comments about KitKat.

Even though I have KitKat 4.4.4, I decided not to upgrade to Lollipop. The improvements from KitKat to Lollipop are minimal at best, but the complaints about Lollipop are many.

Since I subscribe to the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.", I've decided to stay with KitKat.

Cheers.

ChristinaAnneM

@Cyber - Thanks! Since the firmware update was just yesterday, looks like I will have to wait for 4.4.4 

Phone works great so, I am happy!

ChristinaAnneM

@Martin - Thank you for being so helpful! Its nice that there are people like you here.  🙂 

Most I know who are with other carriers, have lots of complaints, obviously no company is perfect. I knew one person with Public Mobile and, he was very happy. I did some research and liked Public Mobile's prices, plans & the fact we didn't have to be on contract. So many told me I should switch when we were told we had to purchase new phones, but we did get 3 months of free service so, it balanced out. I do wish they would have discovered this IMEI issue at the beginning, but am very happy with the turnout. 🙂 

@ChristinaAnneM,

Cool !

Navigate to your setting menu, click on About Device then click on update device.

You should receive the lastest update for your phone.

ChristinaAnneM

@Cyber - Noticed its an Alcatel One Touch Idol X+ I can get Android KitKat 4.4.4 🙂

@ChristinaAnneM,

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your replacement phone.

Android KitKat 4.4.2 is working pretty good.

Lollipop requires more power so don't worry. You are better on the current Android KitKat version.

ChristinaAnneM

@Cyber - It has 4.4.2 & from what I've been reading, might not ever get Lollipop! That's not so important to me, I'm just happy that I have a working phone again! 

Very happy with the 5inch IPS LCD! 🙂 

@ChristinaAnneM,

Which version of Android do you have after the firmware update ?

Are you happy with the 5inch IPS LCD ?

ChristinaAnneM

@Cyber - Thanks! There was just a Firmware update - Now have an IMEI number so, will set up APN 🙂 

They said the phone would be here by Friday, very happy it arrived so fast!

@ChristinaAnneM,

You have already received your remplacement phone !

Do a factory reset. After that, once you put the SIM card, reset APN to default values.

ChristinaAnneM

@hunnybunny - Not so sure yet, received the Alcatel phone, put my sim card in & so far cannot choose mobile operator, says no sim card is in & no way to set up apn...also, no IMEI number, dialed *#06#, I get non valid IMEI. The sim card works in my friends phone so, that is not the issue.

hunnybunny
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

YAY!!!! i am so glad that this worked out for you @ChristinaAnneM def have been there with the flustration level. I have 6 kids and they dont help that at all lol.

Hope you enjoy your new phone and hey dont be a stranger we are a friendly bunch 🙂 

Martin
Legend
Legend

Good evening,

In some ways, my introduction to cell phones is similar to yours.

With Microsoft's support of Windows XP winding down, I gave considerable thought as to whether I wanted to learn how to use another operating system. Compared to previous systems, I regarded XP as the best thing since sliced bread.

When thinking about a new OS, I eventually concluded that, in lieu of computers, I would learn how to use a cell. I bought my first one in September 2013 for about $40 at Walmart. It was a UMX flip-phone. My main problem was that I could not surf the web. After about 3 weeks, I bought a ZTE N762 which, though data enabled, was as slow as cold molasses. Further, when I accessed the Koodo community, I was able to read original posts, but hardly ever the replies. Though I did frequent factory resets, the phone remained wonky.

When Telus bought PM and decided to switch to phones with SIMs, I did my research on my wonky phone, and decided that a Moto G was for me.

I went to my local PM store, bought a Moto G, and have had no regrets. About 6 months later, I bought another one through Future Shop. I use both phones each day, and each is a clone of the other. The only difference is that one has a SIM and a PM number assigned to it. The other works on WiFi only, provided free by a neighbour.

Public Mobile is the first cell carrier with which I've dealt, and I'm happy that the company was recommended to me by a customer.

In due course, I started replying to posts after learning the basics of my phone. Until that time, I had never handled a cellphone, as I had no need to do so.

Being retired, I needed interaction with people, even if digital, and I enjoy helping people. As a result, becoming a responder was a good fit.

Cheers.

ChristinaAnneM

@Seb - Haha! Funny cause I never wanted a mobile phone, but decided on it Feb 2014 & 3 weeks after I bought my 1st one, I was told I'd have to get another becuase of Telus buying PM. 😛 A lot of people are telling me I should just go with another carrier, for the most part, I've been happy with Public Mobile, I like their plans, prices & the fact that I didn't have to be on a contract, even after this, I prefer to stay with them 🙂 

Martin
Legend
Legend

To whom it may concern:

I am the only responder who agreed with the OP that legal action might be necessary. Further, I offered advice with regard to suing in Small Claims Court, with legal disclaimer included.

Lest there be any misunderstanding, I have the greatest respect for the PM community team, and especially for a member with whom I frequently interact.

The objective of my advice was senior management, not the community team. Even though many senior managers are preoccupied with increasing profits, they must be reminded, when necessary, that without sufficient customers, there would be no company and that they would be unemployed. The advice therefore was intended as a wake-up call that the average Joe and Jill are important to their maintaining their jobs.

ChristinaAnneM

@Jeremy_M - Thank you so much! 🙂 And, sorry I was incredibly angry when I started this thread! I had never heard of the Alcatel OneTouch Idol X (except from someone who received one due to somewhat similar issues with Public Mobile) So, I thought it was not as good as the Moto G. I definitely have many questions, why did one PM employee tell me that the phone would be off that list in 2 business days, but Cassandra tells me its not possible...I know you may not be able to answer that at the moment, just puzzled that I was told 2 different things. 🙂 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ChristinaAnneM

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved, I'm also well aware that you have many questions regarding this past issue, which is normal.Smiley Happy

We are working with our broader team to piece together the actual cause of the issue, and these things take some time. 

Your in great hands with Public Mobile and we thank you once more for your patience!

Have a wonderful evening!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Deleted by Martin.

Seb

@ChristinaAnneM, you should write a book under the name "The mobile life by ChristinaAnneM". I'm sure your novel will become a bestseller of the year.

Good luck !!!!

ChristinaAnneM

@DK - Apparently the Public Mobile store reported it as stolen. They did close all of their stores I think last summer. CWTA wants to know how the phone able to work for just about a year and why they wont un-blacklist it after all the proof I provided. I could understand if I had no proof of purchase, but I have everything. I do think that one should have absolute proof the phone is theirs before it can end up on the blacklist, as I've been reading, a lot of people have had problems due to IMEI being wronly put on the list. 

ChristinaAnneM

@hunnybunny - If you make less than a certain amount per year, yes you are able to get a legal aid lawyer.

How am I "tearing everyone a new one"? Since I paid for the phone & it was never stolen, I think Ideserve to know why I keep being told something different from 3-4 employees from PM. Not any that help us in the community. Also, when someone who works for the CWTA tells me one thing & the person I'm dealing with through email that is part of the Escalation Team at Public Mobile tells me something that clearly is not true, I have every right to ask questions. This should have never happened to begin with & PM should have known long ago. The CWTA is wondering how a phone could work fine for 11 months if it was on the lost/stolen list. None of this makes much sense.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Further to the above, we've unintentionally become your enablers for your posts.

As much as it pains me to say this, this is my last post in reference to this saga.

I truly wish you and your new or refurbished phone the best.

Good luck/Bonne chance!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Calcified bureaucracy, at management level, might be one explanation. It's quite possible that the Escalation Team received training that never included removing a phone from the blacklist. Further, since it might be easier to offer you a new phone rather than doing the paperwork for unblacklisting, there's no incentive to do the latter.

Leave it be. Please.

DK
It would be good to know how a phone ends up on the blacklist when the account is in good standing.

ChristinaAnneM

@Martin - Just to be clear, no one from the PM cummunity lied. After I had put in a complaint to the CCTS, the person who I have had to deal with (Recours Hiérarchiques | Escalation Team
Public Mobile) stated that the phone cannot be taken off the blacklist, that is in fact not true. It was put on the list by PM and can be taken off. Why are they choosing not to remove it from the list, when it was paid for and never stolen? 

hunnybunny
Lol I like that you think cause your on disability it gives u the right for a free lawyer. They are giving you a good deal considering the situation.
I think you need to take a break from this and calm down and think this through. 😀
Remember we are here to help and support you but tearing everyone a new one who talks to you isn't going to help.
They might even be worth selling there ppl out there that will buy them for parts plus u get a spanking new phone. 😀

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

By using "lied to", you're inferring motive, that is, the person intentionally and knowingly told you a mistruth.

An alternative explanation, which I believe is the case, is that the person sincerely thought that what he was saying was true. SNAFUs happen unfortunately, and you've just experienced one. As far as malice, no.

I have interacted with the PM community team on many occasions, and I have the highest respect for them. A BIG mistake occurred, but it was not due to lying.

Just in case you believe that my positive comments about PM are influenced by possible monthly rewards, that is not the case. I am a grandfathered customer, ineligible for any reward. I volunteer to help folks with their phone problems. No more, no less.

ChristinaAnneM

@Martin - I'm a Wildlife/Bird photographer & do spend most of my time outside 🙂 Since its pouring rain today, I'm in. 

All I want is honesty. I bought my new phone & chose to stay with Public Mobile, always pay my bill etc...One says they cannot remove it, but someone who works at CWTA says they can. I don't like or deserve to be lied to. Like the CWTA guy said, if a phone is lost or stolen and then returned to the owner, it has to be removed from the list. If someone legitimately bought a phone at a store and has proof, why should it stay blacklisted? 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello again,

I realize that you're ticked off about this ongoing saga, and rightly so. That said, I must say that you're causing yourself unnecessary stress. If you're looking for a signed statement outlining the entire chronology, it ain't gonna happen!!

Take a long walk, vent while doing so until you feel better, and then return home. OK?

Free advice from Dr. Martin. 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.