Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Who’s staying?

61 REPLIES 61

Jonavin

@Civic_Ewrote:

@Jonavinwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

As number of people posting here decreases the number of badges they give out decreases as well

So I don't expect to see any major shake up in board rankings (although I have been pleasently surprised to see some of the newer posters names lately)

Looking forward to being in Top 5% again. It’s been months since I’ve been downgraded to Top 25% basement.

@JonavinNow that a lot of people moved to Koodo you might have better chance. 🙂 may be top 0.001%

Maybe it goes the other way. If the only people are people who post all the time I will drop to the bottom.

Civic_E

@Jonavinwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

As number of people posting here decreases the number of badges they give out decreases as well

So I don't expect to see any major shake up in board rankings (although I have been pleasently surprised to see some of the newer posters names lately)

Looking forward to being in Top 5% again. It’s been months since I’ve been downgraded to Top 25% basement.

@JonavinNow that a lot of people moved to Koodo you might have better chance. 🙂 may be top 0.001%

Jonavin

@kav2001cwrote:

tzliu

@Jonavinwrote:

Your last chance today. 

** secretly getting everyone to leave so I rank higher on community rewards**

This is the plan. 

Jonavin

Your last chance today. 

** secretly getting everyone to leave so I rank higher on community rewards**

Jonavin

@Wonder_whywrote:

@Jonavinwrote:

Looks like March 31st is the last day for this offer.

@Jonavin get it while you can ,time running out soon,tick rock tick tock 😄😃

On April 1st the deal will be 10GB for $45 and everyone will think it's a joke.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jonavinwrote:

@Jonavin get it while you can ,time running out soon,tick rock tick tock 😄😃

Jonavin

@Civic_E lol now who is responding quickly without reading entire threads Cat LOL

@Civic_Ewrote:

@LudditeI just called Koodo. You can reactivate your old account within 90 days after you have ported out/canceled without doing a new credit check.

@Civic_E when did you do first move?

If less than 90 days they can certainly resume old Koodo account and no hard check required (still soft check but won't be listed)

@stonechuckerwrote:

Got my new txt also.  Finding this treatment to be harassment.  PM, stop asking me to leave your service.  Your plan which I currently subscribe to is what I wish to keep, and is the only plan that offers what I need for service.

i do not want extras, I do not want postpaid.  I want to be treated like a valued customer.

stop harassing me.  I do not want your offers.

I'm sure you're already aware of this, but to others who don't want to receive these messages, if you reply to it with the word "unsubscribe". Koodo will stop send you offers by text message to migrate to them.  I actually block all text messages from Public Mobile at my phone's software level.  I find them all annoying (payment reminders, rewards are applied, you've renewed successfully,  periodic CCTS reminder/annoyance messages,  etc.).

I can't remember how I came across it , but a while ago, I came across something on the Telus website to opt out of Telus sharing yoru information for marketing purposes to anyone.  I have no idea if it actually works for Public Mobile subscribers but I figured it wouldn't hurt ot fill the online form out.

Civic_E

@Ludditewrote:

@Civic_E That is my understanding: new Koodo application >> another credit check.

Don't plan on getting a message that the promo ends on ... date. I expect it will just disappear one day.

@LudditeI just called Koodo. You can reactivate your old account within 90 days after you have ported out/canceled without doing a new credit check.

Anyway... probably I am not switching. Hard to make up my mind. Wish Koodo made it easy by offering 10GB data instead...even then...i might hesistate to switch. PM just works for me. Don't have to worry about paying another bill monthly!!!

Civic_E

@stonechuckerwrote:

@Civic_E, sure I can unsubscribe, but then I’m blocking every potential offer that may be offered to me, including an offer that maybe be more to my liking, such as my current package, at a cheaper cost to me.

blocking the offer is not an option, however sending an offer of something that costs me more is not an offer that I can accept.

this is harassment in my mind.

I see your point. But it is very unlikely they will offer your current plan at a cheaper rate.

@Korth:

Here’s the problem.  public Mobile, and by extension, the related companies, know I want no more than Province wide calling, I’ve told them global texting is more than I need, and honestly, the only reason I jumped on to the 12 GB deal was because it was the same before discount price I was already paying.

if there was an offer for 24 GBs per 90 days at the same before discount price I’m paying now, I’d jump on that too.

i would also consider a price reduction on my current plan.

when, not if the the increase in cost is notified to me, and offer to explore a similar ally priced package would be suitable.

As I currently have a before discount price of $120 for 90 days, and I generally top up about $100 every 90 days, TELUS should know not to send these so called same price offers as Koodo.  I’ve already have advised them I will not join post paid services either.

@stonechucker

Purposes of advertising:

1. announce a new product/service, inform the consumer about a product/service
  2. announce or reinforce loyalty to a company or brand
  3. convince the consumer that the product/service is the best
  4. convince the consumer that the product/service is needed

I'm all for #1 ... useful.

I couldn't care less for #2 onwards.  The more they need to sell it the less I need to buy it.  Stubborn persistence and tedious repetition is annoying enough (to me) to actually "un-sell" a product/service, if the advertisement is too stupid or irritating or intrusive then I'll deliberately go out of my way to avoid ever buying the product/service when any alternative is available.  Most people list brands and products they'll subconsciously prefer - I list brands and products I'll consciously disdain.

But that basically summarizes your choices with these Koodo offers, lol.  They might back off eventually, or they might not.  You can allow them to continue "spamming" you, or not.  But no sense complaining about Koodo trying to sell unrelentingly - without any regard to what you might consider a "good" or a "bad" offer - they don't know and don't care about you in any way beyond whether or not you can be "convinced" to buy what they're selling.

@Civic_E, sure I can unsubscribe, but then I’m blocking every potential offer that may be offered to me, including an offer that maybe be more to my liking, such as my current package, at a cheaper cost to me.

blocking the offer is not an option, however sending an offer of something that costs me more is not an offer that I can accept.

this is harassment in my mind.

@Civic_E That is my understanding: new Koodo application >> another credit check.

Don't plan on getting a message that the promo ends on ... date. I expect it will just disappear one day.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Civic_E

Question...I had already switched to Koodo once then returned back to PM. So they already did a credit check for me that appears in my Trans Union credit report as "Open". Now if switch again to Koodo will they do another credit check?

I might move to Koodo again...what i think...this extended period basically means it's an open offer. My speculation is that Koodo will give PM users time finish their 90 days that they already have paid for. I renewed my plan in February and I am very sure that I will be able to switch to Koodo in May before another 90 day cycle is due. Lets see....

@Civic_E I admit I chuckled at that reply

You must have quite the twitchy trigger finger Cat Tongue

Civic_E

@kav2001cCheck your account, reward is there. Nevermind i didn't read  second line. sorry

Offer extended and notice no mention of community rewards yet?

(They do appear to have been added to online profile but they seem to be coming later and later every month)

Civic_E

@stonechuckeryou can always unsubscribe by replying to the text.

Staying with PM.  Monthly plan costs less.  Much less after Rewards.

Unlimited talk, unlimited text, prepaid data is already "shock-free".

Never have to deal with any of this nonsense.

And never have to deal with sales reps.  Not giving any foot in the door to these salesmen.

Got my new txt also.  Finding this treatment to be harassment.  PM, stop asking me to leave your service.  Your plan which I currently subscribe to is what I wish to keep, and is the only plan that offers what I need for service.

i do not want extras, I do not want postpaid.  I want to be treated like a valued customer.

stop harassing me.  I do not want your offers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Well, I guess round 4 has started.  Hoping for some cheap hardware deals and maybe the $100 referral making a comeback. 

Jotunheim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does it work in LD, is there a dedicated Koodo kiosk thing with limited opening hours? Or can you go to a certain department at any time during store hours?

piepie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If anybody is interested in switching, London Drugs offers the sim card for free which is great. Other koodo stores and kiosks charges $15+tax.

PM if you need a referral link 🙂

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zzguffy901wrote:

Absolute scam on pms part to not reimburse or push ur remaining bill over to Koodo. They put a deadline on it then screw you out of your remaining money. I’m curious if I can suspend my Koodo account flip back to pm until it is up then back over to Koodo? 

Well technically that's what the $100 credit is supposed to help with.

I don't see any way of suspending my Koodo account via their Self-Serve site - I don't think it's possible but you could try asking their CS.

zzguffy901
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Absolute scam on pms part to not reimburse or push ur remaining bill over to Koodo. They put a deadline on it then screw you out of your remaining money. I’m curious if I can suspend my Koodo account flip back to pm until it is up then back over to Koodo? 

Need Help? Let's chat.