Did you mean: 

Last day to switch Fall Promo to Koodo

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Who’s staying?

61 REPLIES 61

MEU_21

For anyone interested in switching, I would wait until tomorrow - looks like Best Buy will have some good deals on phones, etc.

https://blog.bestbuy.ca/best-buy/friends-family-mobile-sale?icmp=Friends_Family_Top_Message

Great way to pick-up a phone if you need one. Keep an eye on Walmart as well.

Aslo, PM me if you need a referral.

MrPants
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@tzliuwrote:

Just got a text message from PM - the $40/6GB offering is extended for a limited time.  Not to worry - TELUS will get you over to Koodo one way or another if you want to jump.  

I got the same text message. This message doesn't specify an expiry date to the 6GB $40/month post paid plan. It seems like PM is trying super hard to move us all to Koodo. I'm going to stick with PM for now just to see what happens. 

daviding

I am here. I need truth for this Promo to Koodo.

saje_ward

ME! I am not GOING ANYWHERE.

AND, they just extended the Koodo deal, so nothing lost for this girl!

Civic_E

Today is not the last day. I just got an sms from them that its extended for a limited time. Doesn't say until when !20180315-153518.jpg

tzliu

Just got a text message from PM - the $40/6GB offering is extended for a limited time.  Not to worry - TELUS will get you over to Koodo one way or another if you want to jump.  

@viviantung92wrote:

I wanted to jump as my renewal is on Mar.19, so I'm not losing money if I can make the switch on 15th. But Koodoo is toooo slow on processing the order, so I'm trying to cancel the order and stay at Public Mobile. I just hope PM won't increase their price or drop to 3G after this round of offers.

If you already put in the order it will be accepted even if the processing is completed after today.  So why cancel the order just because it won't be completed today? 

@MEU_21wrote:

I didn't go to Koodo for the 6GB. I went there because the $100 credit and $50 referral alone is the equivalent of having a monthly plan of $33.75/m over two years. Then there are phone bonuses, gift cards, and other referrals that I took advantage of. What happens in two years is like a lifetime in the telecom industry, so it isn't even worth comparing PM and Koodo at that point.

This is what I call if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  I too was not that impressed by the 6 gig offer, at least not until I learn to consume more data.  The $100 referrals during the weekend made it all worthwhile.  I have also taken advantage of the $150 bill credit on phone purchases.  It insane, they pay you $150 up front to take a $360 medium tab mortage. 

@stonechuckerwrote:

THe 4GB for $40 at Koodo, is more than the >$120/90 days, when I factor in rewards and autopay credit.  Koodo, is also over kill for what I need, and even the 6GB offer wasn't appealing to me.

This statement assumes that the price increase will never come.  I am paying more for the migrated plan.  However, I have managed to recover some of the costs through the Koodo reward system.  For my accounts with limited rewards, it will take 5 years to break even if I stay.  I would love to earn $5 a month as a loyalty reward.  I just don't see it happening. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

still staying. don't need the extra 2 gigs and don't want to lose the discount.

I honestly don't see them dropping the LTE.  If it was going to disapear, it would have been gone by now.

viviantung92

I wanted to jump as my renewal is on Mar.19, so I'm not losing money if I can make the switch on 15th. But Koodoo is toooo slow on processing the order, so I'm trying to cancel the order and stay at Public Mobile. I just hope PM won't increase their price or drop to 3G after this round of offers.

MEU_21

I didn't go to Koodo for the 6GB. I went there because the $100 credit and $50 referral alone is the equivalent of having a monthly plan of $33.75/m over two years. Then there are phone bonuses, gift cards, and other referrals that I took advantage of. What happens in two years is like a lifetime in the telecom industry, so it isn't even worth comparing PM and Koodo at that point.

Jonavin

@stonechuckerwrote:

THe 4GB for $40 at Koodo, is more than the >$120/90 days, when I factor in rewards and autopay credit.  Koodo, is also over kill for what I need, and even the 6GB offer wasn't appealing to me.

Don’t forget $3 more for call forwarding. But on the flip side there’s “free phones” that’s always attractive to some people. If you value phone support and Canada wide calling and can use the extra data it might be worth it. Just assume everyone is paying more next quarter because of all the referral credits that is lost.

The bes thing about the PM plan is the 90 data flexibility. You could use 10GB one month and still have 1GB for each ofthe two remaining months. It’s great for people who have inconsistent usage.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This was a cute post from RFD member isgaard.

Fire sales like this work in a certain way, the absolute last holdouts will get the shaft.

First round, easy pickin' customers, 4GB on Koodo, first round, $50 referral.
Second round, the holdouts on 4GB, offer 5GB, still $50 referral.
Third round, offer 6GB on the 5GB holdouts, offer $100 referral.
Fourth round, extend the 6GB offer, again another $100 referral credit and this time, better phone deals (activation credits) to get those customers on a tab.
Fifth round, most customers have already left, time to bring in the sticks, removal of referrer bonuses as majority of the referrers have already left at this point.
Sixth round, throttling LTE to 3GB speed to complete PM's 3rd tier leveling with Chatr and Lucky Mobile. No surprises about the pricing change but nothing in the T&S says they can't throttle you.
Seventh round, stick it to the last holdouts by not offering a comparative plan on Koodo.
Eighth round, increase the price plan for the users that moved from the first to fourth round. Win for Telus ARPU!

Something like the above has a definitive timeline attached to a whiteboard inside the planning boardroom/office of Telus's sub-department that handles Public Mobile/Koodo.

We have in the final hours of round 3 at the moment.  I think round 4 might be a stretch, but you never know. 

@stonechuckerwrote:

I renewed my plan on the 11th.  I was staying since the strongly suggested offer was made available.

Why, becuase it wasn't the same price.

I am not sure what you mean by this? 

Zy

should have added " apply the sarcasm"  to my post lol 

@Zywrote:

im staying because there are  " No Surprises " 

If you think this means no price increase ever because of a "promise"  I am thinking you will be surprised

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I Jumped ship. 

I was only earning -$3 a mo ... not enough to keep me with the $100 referal my friend and I get on top of the extra fluff. 

PM best of luck to you but now my phone says Koodo

I renewed my plan on the 11th.  I was staying since the strongly suggested offer was made available.

Why, becuase it wasn't the same price.

Jonavin

@will13amwrote:

@makkahn28wrote:

I think The Koodo Promo is a Poach with a bit of Scam Sauce

Yummy!  Would you happen to have the calorie guide for this? 

406 calories

100% daily salt/sodium intake

@makkahn28wrote:

Yummy!  Would you happen to have the calorie guide for this? 

Civic_E

EDIT: Everything = Everyone

I am staying though.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

One foot out the door and the other foot on a banana peel.  @Luddite, do you have an image for this metaphor?

Jonavin

@MEU_21wrote:

Long gone. If anyone is still on the fence, the best deals now are at WoW. I would recommend doing the switch in-store. PM me if you need a referral.

Walmart has better bonus with $275 giftcard on iPhone 6. Still not biting.

MEU_21

Long gone. If anyone is still on the fence, the best deals now are at WoW. I would recommend doing the switch in-store. PM me if you need a referral.

Zy

im staying because there are  " No Surprises " 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am staying

Need Help? Let's chat.