Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: LUCKY MOBILE

hold time for me was only about 30 Sec.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I may sound like I'm advertising for Lucky mobile but I'm not, I could say the same thing about everybody else on here advertising for public. I'm just stating facts about them. and nothing more. I tried public Mobile last month and it failed me in a big way. (gave all of my friends long distance phone bills ranging up to six hundred bucks) plus I didn't like the fact that they didn't have extra data add-ons for a good deal. and the reception in SkyTrain tunnels wasn't as good (I would still lose connection like freedom) but I haven't had that issue yet with my new service.

Mayor / Maire

@Colinh90 wrote:

since I switched to Lucky, I've had better reception on transit (SkyTrain tunnels, and busses) and they have a 2gig add-on for 15 bucks a month.  I

@Colinh90 SkyTrain tunnels....yes that would be nice!  Fortunately I get on and off at Granville so it's only Stadium-Granville and just outside Edmunds and Columbia that affect me, and those are brief sections.  Still, very annoying if you're on a call as you know it will drop.  The problem is that Rogers and FM have exclusive agreements to provide coverage in the underground sections of the Expo line, sadly.  Actually initially it was just Rogers, and then FM was added a bit later. 

EDIT: wait, how are you getting better coverage in the SkyTrain tunnels with Lucky??  that is impossible.   It's FM and Rogers (and thus Fido and Chatr) that have coverage down there.  Bell and Telus are identical, particuarly in those tunnels.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That makes no sense that Skytrain coverage would be any better with Lucky than with PM. They use the same Telus towers.

@Colinh90 wrote:

I may sound like I'm advertising for Lucky mobile but I'm not, I could say the same thing about everybody else on here advertising for public. I'm just stating facts about them. and nothing more. I tried public Mobile last month and it failed me in a big way. (gave all of my friends long distance phone bills ranging up to six hundred bucks) plus I didn't like the fact that they didn't have extra data add-ons for a good deal. and the reception in SkyTrain tunnels wasn't as good (I would still lose connection like freedom) but I haven't had that issue yet with my new service.

Public has nothing to do with racking up on LD calls for your friends calling you.  You friends Calling plans are whatever they have.  If the number they are dialing geographically are not in the local calling area they are physical line calling you from, the call IS long distance.  It doesn’t matter if you are standing right beside them, or are on the other side of the country.  Your phone number is based in a call centre.  For example, I have a 226-802 number based in Brantford ON.  If my friend is calling me on a plan WITHOUT long distance minutes in their plan, they can be anywhere in the area of SW Ontario that is considered a local call to Brantford.  If they are in Cambridge ON, a 30 minute drive away, that same call will be a Long Distance call.  If they call me without a LD package on their carrier, they either will not connect, or will pay per use fees to complete the call.

If I am in Vancouver BC on my Brantford phone number, my plan allows me to call anywhere in BC without a charge (province wide calling plan), but I can not call my girlfriend’s number also from Brantford ON without adding first a LD plan as I am on Public Mobile.  If my girlfriend were to call me in BC on my Brantford number,  while she is still at home in Brantford, that call will be considered local, as the receiver doesn’t get charged for LD being away from home, and the dialed call is a local call for the person making the call.

So, in your case, your phone number is based where? Where are your friends numbers based?  Where are you physically located, and where are they physically located when they call you?  Answer these simple questions, and apply what I’ve told you here (again, I’ve done this already this week, and you will see that your friends racked up the charges because their plan doesn’t include calling your number in these cases because this is just how things are done.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have no clue how I'm getting better service in SkyTrain tunnels then public. I take the SkyTrain to work everyday and it just works flawless for me. public was definitely **bleep**loads better than freedom but it would still go fuzzy inside tunnels. I just haven't experienced anything like that yet. it's just been flawless, service will always conk out with freedom mobile (whether I was in a tunnel or not), freedom mobile and it's crappy Network would get me in trouble at work cuz they thought I was ignoring them when they were trying to contact me. the calls weren't getting through, but I don't have that problem anymore, both public and lucky are very good networks, either is worth having, and both are worth the money