cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LUCKY MOBILE

Has anyone ever compared Lucky mobile service vs Public mobile? 

Data /coverage /service? 

Mayor / Maire

Re: LUCKY MOBILE

@H3rnandez wrote:

Has anyone ever compared Lucky mobile service vs Public mobile? 

Data /coverage /service? 

Its all the same bell/telus network & coverage, like koodo, virgin, pc mobile, etc

If you want to talk about costs / zones / add ons variety / customer service, etc you want to check out their websites / plan builders / promotions as these aspecs change often.

Oracle

Pretty sure lucky has zones and pm doesn't. Best thing is for you to do your own comparisons and decide from there 

Oracle

@mimmo wrote:

Pretty sure lucky has zones and pm doesn't. Best thing is for you to do your own comparisons and decide from there 

They got zones and province/canada wide calling. Most of PM 3G promos are matched with Lucky's/chatr offers. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

The main difference is going to be zones at Lucky Mobile and the approach used for customer service.  Lucky Mobile does have a call centre available to customers.

In the past, Lucky Mobile has offered calling, messaging, and data plans to compete with the likes of Chatr and Public. Some of these Lucky Mobile plans were zoned, while some were not zoned.

Oracle

Lucky also sells phones andyou can buy at many retail kiosks that sell multiple brands (ie bell and virgin)

Oracle

Of the three prepaid brands, Public Mobile is the best.  It has no zones and data even if so called 3G is on the LTE network.  The latency is far superior.  Now that Telus has repurposed 3G spectrum for LTE and has fully rolled out 700 MHz for LTE, there is just no comparision for data performance against the competition.  All the new 3G plans come with Canada wide calling.  The big intangible is the possibility of getting a great Koodo migration offer from time to time if that is your cup of tea. 

My friend is on an old Cityfone (sp??) plan very similar in pricing to the old Fall Promo.  It's a holdover from when Sears had a mobile system MVNO operation...   Can't get her to switch.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lucky Mobile. Heard bad things about high overage charges.

At Public Mobile there are no overage charges. Ever.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have both and lucky mobile is much better on coverage, support and responce to issue.

there is also a support phone number (you can talk to human)