Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Not working - Galaxy S6 edge from Wind

games95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

I just activated and transferred from Wind Mobile

I use Samsung Galaxy S6 edge G925W8

Currently it is only showing connected with 3G data.

Before transferring, it said my device was compatible, so i'm expecting that I should have LTE connection.

I checked the network mode - no LTE option shows (only WCDMA/GSM)

I tried setting an Access Point with instructions found elsewhere in the forum

Could anyone please help? Much appreciated!

14 REPLIES 14

dpvu

Be careful with the *#2263#. I don't have a Samsung phone anymore but if I recall correctly you may have the following issues.

First off, I believe you have to do it every boot since a reboot will reset it. Not a huge deal in this day and age where you don't reboot your phone much.

More importantly if you select the LTE bands only, your phone will not be able to drop back into HSPA or HSPA+ in areas of poor LTE reception. You will also likely have issues calling because phone calls are still done on HSPA. TELUS does support VoLTE (LTE phone calls) so it might work but my S6 always dropped back to HSPA for calls.

The proper fix is to change your CSC as mentioned. Make a backup and Samsung actually has a very good backup program that makes things a little easier.

noel4140
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@vbobo .

You enter that into the dialer as you would dialing a regular phone number. Usually a menu should pop up once you hit that last pound '#' key without having to press call

vbobo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@games95 hey where did you type *#2263#? In the dialer then pressed call or just waited?

vbobo
Question I have is does a samsung s6 support lte-a? Or just reg lte?

vbobo
If you want you can also download 4g lte switcher on the playstore and set it to lte/gsm. This will also let you connect to lte without having to erase your phone. The only thing is every phone reboot you have to quickly Change the setting but that's it!

games95

Just wanted to add an update here:

*#2263#    turns out just to be a temporary fix for LTE and it ends up disabling cellphone calls.

In the end I've had to do the full reset using Reset: *#272*[IMEI]#

select KDO is the carrier

Hope this helps

noel4140

I just came to say that this helped me SOO MUCH!

I just ported from Wind to Public Mobile (taking advantage of their CRAZY $40 deal) and was wondering why I was stuck on 3G.. it took me an hour or two of googling until I came here!

I first changed my CSC to Telus and finally got 4G but thanks to you I took your advice and changed it to Koodo and now I'm getting LTE+! 

Yass

I can't recall any Samsung phone from Wind that has ever worked on LTE without some workaround.  I think they've locked it out on pretty much all of them.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's great to hear! Welcome to Public Mobile! Smiley Very Happy

games95

Phone seeker your method worked for me!

I put in *#2263#, and then selected LTE --> All bands

and now its working in full function.

Thank you very much 🙂

games95

Thank you guys, much appreciated, I will give it a try!

imtiax

I had to do this on my phone and a few friends phones to get LTE working on their Wind Samsung S6 / S6 Edge phones.

Note: This will wipe all data on your phone.

Open your phone’s dialer and type the following code with your device IMEI number: *#272*Phone’s IMEI Here#

it should automaticaly take to your csc changer screen pick KOODO and then proceed.

For some reason if you use Telus you don't get LTE but Koodo works fine.

Also if you do not know your IMEI just dial *#06#

PhoneSeeker

Okay, try dialling this    *#2263#    in you phone dialer.

Another, but slightly more risky option is this:

***WARNING: This option will reset your phone and you'll lose anything saved on your phone!***

Reset: *#272*[IMEI]#

[IMEI] is the devices 15 digit IMEI number. When the boot load screen comes up, choose the 3 letter code representing your carrier:

TLS = Telus / Koodo
RWC = Rogers Wireless Corporation / FIDO
BMC = Bell Mobility Corporation
GLW = Globalive Wireless / WIND Mobile

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1853722-Samsung-Note-4-From-Wind-No-LTE/page2 )

PhoneSeeker

There is a code you can enter to enable LTE on Samsung phones from Wind, I'll try to find it for you. Wind disables LTE on their Samsung phones by default.

Need Help? Let's chat.