cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 MMS won't work

birdheat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am a brand new user whose LG G4 data won't work, and have been reading help files and posts about the same issue. My data plan is paid for, my APN is set up correctly (quadruple checked), my data is turned on, I am set to LTE network, but I can't get data to work. I tried the suggested quick fixes without success. I would like to avoid trying a factory reset if possible.

Could a moderator please contact me? 

Thank you,

L

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Generally when a problem might be non account related, the community members here can assist a whole lot faster than the moderators. 

...and they already have!  LG G4 requires first a network reset, and if that doesn't get your data flowing, then a factory reset.  This is a known quirk of the LG G-series and happens when changing carriers with these phones.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@birdheat wrote:

@CS_Agent, could someone familiar with solving my issue please get in touch? Thanks!

Please don't tag the moderators.  It is distracting for them and they are likely still overloaded with private messages that need processing.  Generally when a problem might be non account related, the community members here can assist a whole lot faster than the moderators. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No need to conatcat the mods.  THe LG G4 REQUIRES either a network settings reset, and if taht does not work a factory reset.  its a common question and the only solution.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@birdheat

BTW, Doing a factory reset is always a great way to start fresh and get your phone (or any electronic device) like new. With the proper back up procedure you will lose nothing that is important to you.

Your phone probably needs a network reset. There are reports from LG owners who ended up doing a factory reset to get things to work properly (don't forget to back up your data if that is the case!)

McLaren
I have read that factory reset is the only way to fix it, this is for LG G3's and G4's

birdheat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent, could someone familiar with solving my issue please get in touch? Thanks!

Dunkgirl

@birdheat wrote:

Could a moderator please contact me? 

If you need a mod to contact you, you have to send them a private message. They will not see your message here without the appropriate tagging. I do believe sending them a message is better than tagging however please read this official post regarding moderator interaction

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.