cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAME 12 DAY RESPONSE TIME IS LAME

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can't believe the amount of people that are backing PublicNoServiceMobile here. 

12 Day response time? 

Who are they kidding? 

Pathetic if you ask me! 

Someone on the forums recommended them, said it was a real good price, I was intrigued, I then read that I would have only support via email, forums, etc.  But this is ludicrous! .. I can't believe the people that are backing this company.  

I never thought it was a scam, but, here is the thing... People need service and support, 24-48 hours is pretty much maximum amount of time anyone should have to wait for a reply.  So you are telling me that *EVERY* event that happens with publicnoservicemobile could cause delays of 12 business days++++? ... 

I'm not impressed. 

I think of the poor people with no service, going nowhere, losing out on business, I'm sure its not what they signed up for, in fact I know it's not what they signed up for.

The deal is good, but at what price? 

maybe make it $10/month with ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE because thats about all it's worth..

15 REPLIES 15

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

While I can understand your frustration, calling this bait and switch would imply that the current service delays were something that was a known issue before the promo.  And obviously, it was not.  Yes, it's unacceptable that they're currently taking so long to respond to issues, and yes they have work to do to fix it.  But they're not going out trying to trick anybody.  Once they get caught up on the backlog of service requests, since there aren't thousands upon thousands of new customers coming in on a daily basis any more (with the promo over), things will get back to normal.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good Morning @Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Good morning Civic 🙂

Civic_E

@Rockdaddy22 you are right

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I should hook you up with my buddy @Civic_E he used to post like you until he saw the light 🙂 I believe he's now a happy PM customer. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

@magical, if you care to read my post again, I said the plan from Fido was not nationwide, nor prepaid.  I did not say Public Mobile wasn't a national carrier, in fact, I promote that they are.

You're too busy looking for reasons to complain.  Pack up and go home until your service works.

magical

Last I heard not one person is complaining when the port went through, the complaints come when you realize you are going to be out a phone for 12+ days or 200+ hours if there is a issue, which, in this time is unacceptable.  Also most people who knew about the service saw that at most it should take 48 hours to fix somoene, or read up and saw how great the "non phone support" really was.

Now they are stuck with no service, and a forum of bitchy people getting nowhere fast with issues ... 

Shoddy implementation to say the least.

pchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't think they even realized that they would be inundated with so many new clients that their system could not handle it.  They should have waited to do that US Roaming at a different time than along side the 12GB promo.

However, to give Public Mobile credit, they are good if you were able to port over cleanly. Myself and several friends were ported over successfully but we did so before the mad last week rush and release of US roaming (which is a mess it seems).

magical

@stonechucker, get off your low horse, and understand that a company has to provide better than a 12+ day response time for issues! you are defending them because YOUR service WORKS.  I have read enough posts of people here with NO service for 12+ days now due to a incomplete port. This is pure incompetence of the company from day one. 

They should NEVER put themselves in a position that overwhelms the support to the point that you get none, or makes it so dramatic that you lose service for WEEKS ... this is not ACCEPTABLE.  They are infact a "NATIONAL" cell provider, most people don't have a home phone anymore, and phones are used for "emergency" purposes as well. IF they wanted to DOLE out this crappy service they should have had a square that I must have ticked off before signing up, and then, I wouldn't bitch.

the square should have read:

(X) I agree to giving up my rights to reasonable service times, and it may take well over 288 hours to respond to a service issue, not the 48 hours that it says on our site.

THEN... I wouldn't have a ISSUE... so stop putting this company up on a pedestal and look at what they really did.. I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes legal action against them for this hoopla.

@magical, get off your high horse, and understand that this was not a problem before the promo.  PublicMoblie was running with daily at worst responses to issues in the forums, and any issue that wasn't able to be fixed by a Mod was sent to the technical team with 1-2 week turn around.  Hardly a no customer service company.

yes, Public Mobile drastically under estimated the popularity of the promotion, and the load on the servers and systems was too much.  Did they expect this, no.  Should they have expected this, maybe.  Are you complaining on the Fido forums about their botched "we have to match PublicMobile's" 4 day promo, which wasn't even prepaid or Nationwide availability?  I know you're not because you're wasting your time here complaining about issues you could have read about before trying to activate.  Posts with detailed instructions on how you could be better prepared for your signup process, such as porting your number AFTER activation of a working temporary number.

i am quite happy to be with Public Mobile - it's high quality service, with limited support that is normally stellar, for 40% less than the big three, if not more.

You already know that for all your trouble of activation, your service will be credited or set to expire 90 days from full, complete, activation.

you are not out money, and you should have a back up plan for no cellular service.  Nothing in this world is 100%, except death and taxes.

i am tired of your rants.  So are all the other members of the community who are trying to help in our limited capacity as members.  Your posts of scam, bait and switch, and the like are utter lies.  The delays are a result of timing, and lack of forethought.  Things will be normal again.

jag
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM needs to remove 48 hours support window which they have it mentioned here on the site. That's just false advertising and is unacceptable. Its not a company you can recommend specially when other similar providers such as zoomer have call-in support. If they want to grow they have to step up the game and have better support. I understand that how they have a contract with telus and online sale is how they have to run but if they want larger customer base, they should look into re negotiate the sales model and include better support. they have to tinker and increase prices of plans but they do need to find a sweet spot where their prices are still cheaper then big 3 and support is also top notch.

There have been way to much negativity flowing around in the forum from past few weeks. Its just going to go downhill from here specially for a company that is relying on word of mouth. How can someone recommend this service when there is closest service window is 12 days?

magical

With PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE this all adds up to BAIT-N-SWITCH tactics:

The bait portion was, a resonably priced cell phone, with ZERO "HUMAN" customer service. Something most people can live with.

The switch portion is, give them NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and leave them hanging. Having a piss poor system(s) in place for dealing with such issues, with no way to PRIORTIZE customer service other than having them NAG you ON FORUMS.

Whatever people are saying good about PM is because they have no issues.

IF I was PM, I would offer my employees deals to work as much OVERTIME as possible (of course if they wanted) to fix this issue. I would offer up *FREE* service to people affected by outages longer than 48 hours.

I'm surprised TELUS OWNS this company and is backing the way they are chosing to handle the support issues.

I feel for EVERYONE in the same boat as myself, who, is recieving nothing as of yet.

There is no way PM should hold any more PROMOS until they get their stuff in order. 24-48 hours (business days) MAXIMUM TIME FOR A RESPONSE. PERIOD. NO EXCUSES.

NOSERVICEPUBLICMOBILE

UDP7

@magical I hope when they finally have another promo they'll learn from their mistakes.

magical

They should be far more upfront about service time deliverys!  It is utterly Pathetic! 

12+ Days!... There is no EXCUSE for this! 

Like I said, moved because it was a good deal, but didn't expect NONEXISTANT support that we get.  What are they going to do when they have another promo, extend support to 50+ days? 

No ticketing system? are you crazy? 

No wonder why it has blown up on them....

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It isn't a scam, yes there are some people that have had issues and I agree the response time is beyond acceptable.  I noticed they have added another staff member to help with the back log.  PM is not the only one that has had issues.  There was a thread that linked to an article of the issues that FIDO had with their promor as well and that is with walk instores and call support.  PM is still run by a BIG 3 company (Telus) and they are still about profit.  The staff here are working with what they have been given and they ahve been asking for more help.  The MODS here are doing their best but can only deal with so many issues at once and with all the people that have been tagging them in multiple posts and pm'ing them multiple times has increase the "cases" they need to look into.

But it isn't a scam.  They are not charging for services not provided as once they do get you up and running they have been adjusting the renewal date to match that date.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.