Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo's community is off-line

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Every so often, a customer or potential one criticizes PM because its site was down for maintenance, without advanced notice, in the wee hours of the morning. The inference was that PM was irresponsible for not giving advanced notice that the site would be unavailable between 3 am and 4 am, when most people are sleeping.

I just attempted to access the Koodo community, but was unable to do so. There is a notice that it is undergoing maintenance (at 12 noon!)

So, I ask you, if you had to make a choice between PM not being available between 3 am and 4 am, and Koodo not being available at midday, which one would you choose?

In short, don't be so quick to criticize PM for every imperfection. Things could be worse as evidenced by Koodo's community being offline in midday.

1 REPLY 1

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You simply cannot shut a website down in the middle of the day for maintenance. Unless it was a failure or security breach of some sort, it should not be touched.

The worst for me was a banking site went down for maintenance at 6pm PST... just when I needed to transfer money for the next day.

In the case of Koodo, it's only their community forums that is down, the rest of the site still works.

Need Help? Let's chat.