cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo now calling PM customers to switch?

MK78
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just received a call claiming to be from Koodo, to offer the $50 5GB and nationwide  calling deal for PM customers.

The caller was quite pushy and I told him that it's not just $10 more, because I'm getting quite a sizeable discount from referral & community points, also that I still have 2 months left on my prepaid, he said they would transfer that back into credit, but I somehow highly doubt that...

It's not right to treat customers who have legitimately taken an offer that the company now considers too cheap, and not enough revenue generating, and be blasting us with SMS and now calls to switch...

45 REPLIES 45

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I wouldn't mind receiving a call but like I said before, Koodo would have to make me a better offer. I don't think Telus is upset with the 4 gig promotional plans. I think they are smart. They are trying to get PM customers to postpaid and that usually means more money to Telus. I am sure PM is losing some customers with the $50 offer and Telus is increasing their revenue. I have no issues with Koodo sending text messages or making phone calls. If you're not interested....... just say no. 🙂

I have to say, I'm not looking forward to a text or call about switching.  I do not use a 'real' credit card.  I use a prepaid Visa card that is reloadable from my bank account with the same big 6 Canadian bank, and I get points towards dinner, or movies, concessions.  I also get to use my debit card to collect points in the same fashion.  And the best part, no fee other than an annual $10.  It's essentially like prepaid Public Mobile service, but it's cash rewards here.

Also, I do almost no LD out of province calling, and I have visited the US for 6 hours at most, in the last 20 years.

PM suits me like a glove.

MK78

@jshmeek wrote:

But, I guess if you get the call you could run the idea of the $49 6GB plan that they are offering in Quebec by them. Again, highly unlikely that you could negotiate it out of them, but an extra gig over the $50 5GB, and less $1, would seem like a more balanced trade off considering PM customers will be losing the rewards, and moving to a postpaid plan.

That would be something to think about, but at this time only offering 1 extra gig for $10+ more, is not something I'm willing to entertain.

6GB for $50 I'd seriously think about.

So if you're reading Telus/Koodo, make your offer worthwhile to some of us.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

@srlawren wrote:

@Jeremy_M are Koodo reps supposed to be calling PM customers about the offer? My understanding it was being offered up by text message only.

Yes, Koodo reps are calling certain PM customers about the offer. Some will receive a text and some a call from an authorized dealer. 

Jeremy

jshmeek

@cricketfan wrote:

If they are after you(calling/texting), its a good sign. Means they regret giving it to you in the first place and want you to switch.

Maybe you might end up getting a better deal by negiotiating when they call next.

I highly doubt you could negotiate with them. In most markets, the best plan near this price that you could get is $55 for 2GB and limited minutes. Koodo is also a different subsidiary and thus its not that they (Koodo) regret it, but that Telus (the one pulling the strings) regrets it. Bartering with Koodo will likely get you no where.

But, I guess if you get the call you could run the idea of the $49 6GB plan that they are offering in Quebec by them. Again, highly unlikely that you could negotiate it out of them, but an extra gig over the $50 5GB, and less $1, would seem like a more balanced trade off considering PM customers will be losing the rewards, and moving to a postpaid plan.

cricketfan

If they are after you(calling/texting), its a good sign. Means they regret giving it to you in the first place and want you to switch.

Maybe you might end up getting a better deal by negiotiating when they call next.

I also received a call from koodo but I said no lol I am happy with pm and pm service. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Koodo part of telus and pm maybe thats why they are calling random pm customer i havent recieve any call as of yet.  

A family of drunken sailors trying to decide which sails need setting to move somewhere. Robot LOL

Or the old Americam model for optimum action: Ready, Fire, Aim. 👺

Nobody is texting or calling me. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jshmeek

Maybe Public should just run a new promo?

Oh, right, Telus wouldn't do that. They need higher ARPU and more people on postpaid plans. This Koodo deal is alright if you want an extra gig of data, but in reality it seems as though they just want to kill off Public (and, as you said, chop off the community/refferal/autopay rewards). Calling people and offering this deal seems like the next step in that plan.

They may try moving over more current Public LTE users in the future, and truly make this the new "Chatr" with 3G only data service. I'm quite surprised people are actually enticed by that deal, it knocked off most of the incentive of the plans we have now (the rewards, 90 day data spread if you like that, etc). For me to make that move, I'd be paying about $17 more a month, or a little over 50% more, just to be apart of the Public -> Koodo user transition that Telus wants.

"Apart of the family". Yes, and quite the family it is.

canucks4life

For the record I received $50 Koodo switch on Aug 23rd but no phone calls or further texts on this end.

CalvinW

Koodo, please call me

torontokris

Some people were on here complaining that they did not get the offer. Be happy you got it.

If you dont want offers reply unsubscribe (as the text message says you can do).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jeremy_M are Koodo reps supposed to be calling PM customers about the offer? My understanding it was being offered up by text message only.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pier

@MK78

Koodo is a member of the family.... they call PM customers who hold the promo plan and offer them a new plan. If you realize that will be the best plan for you, you can accept. They can press on you nor force you to accept their offer. Anyway you'll have the same service....on the same network.

YOURS,

Need Help? Let's chat.