cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Migration offer and Best Buy

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Has anyone heard that the 5gb for 35 and 8gb for 40 can be done at best buy and you could get 200-300 in gift cards as well as other credits on top of the 180 being offered?

Does anyone know if this is true, and if so what was your experience? What do you need to do?

13 REPLIES 13

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Flamesilver Yes it’s unlimited talk canada-wide and LTE data. You can pay extra to get tab small or medium you can have a same plan for a hardware

Flamesilver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@meocon

Thanks.  Do you happen to know if it's unlimited talk and LTE data?  I just want to confirm.  Also, is it possible to pay extra and get a tab on that plan for new hardware, or do I basically lose the plan if I want new hardware?

meocon

@JL9 $180 bill credit is for BYOD or Tab Small/Medium.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Ahhhh ok. That makes sense, so the only way the gift cards will kick in, is if you get a new phone. I have a device already and thought that for this migration offer, the 180 credit is only if you bring your own phone. 

Maybe I will go in and talk to one of their reps to see what they say.

meocon

@Flamesilver It will be good before September 27

Flamesilver

Does anyone know when this expires as I'm not quite ready to do this yet?

I got the text, but it's in French (they screwed up when they set up my acc't).  I have the promo code, and it says my  # with a 1 in front of it so I'm assuming I use that to verify.

meocon

@JL9 You can get extra gift card on weekends deal from $100-$400 gift card especial hollidays from Walmart, WOW, The Mobile Shop and Best Buy. Also, myself activated a new line from Walmart for Koodo migration I saw Koodo system gave me $200 bill credit instead of $180 as well + $375 Gift Card + $30 activation fee waived for 2nd or 3rd bill + $50 bucks from friend referral.

Edit:. No asking for or offering referrals in the public forum.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The phone deals are somewhat separate and distinct from the migration offer.  The migration offer is a targeted offer available only to those who have received the text offer from public Mobile. Activation can be done online or at a retail partner store.  

The gift card offers for getting a phone and opening up a new phone line with Koodo through a retail partner is open to everyone.  The only stipulation is getting a particular phone and new phone plan.  These offers are typically weekend offers that change every weekend.  They are offered by several stores including wow, Walmart, Mobile shop.  

There's opportunity to activate the Koodo migration deal at a retail partner and this meet the qualifying conditions for getting a phone with various gift card inducements.  Happy shopping!

KMG

@JL9 wrote:

Has anyone heard that the 5gb for 35 and 8gb for 40 can be done at best buy and you could get 200-300 in gift cards as well as other credits on top of the 180 being offered?

Does anyone know if this is true, and if so what was your experience? What do you need to do?

As long as you received the text message, you can sign up anywhere you want, including Best Buy.  Others have also signed up at Walmart or Wow Mobile and gotten gift card deals there too.

smp99

Yes. People have has success going into BB and getting this promo with a new phone and getting Gift cards

@drmartin wrote:

@GTB86 wrote:

I called in to Koodo and they told me you had to have received a special text message with a promo code. You enter the promo code on the Koodo website and your phone number is the verification code. Not sure if Best Buy has an offer for all Public Mobile customers.

The promo code is well known, though. 🙂

The promo code may well be well known, but to access it, you must have, or steal a valid phone number.  You can’t get what you don’t qualify for.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GTB86 wrote:

I called in to Koodo and they told me you had to have received a special text message with a promo code. You enter the promo code on the Koodo website and your phone number is the verification code. Not sure if Best Buy has an offer for all Public Mobile customers.

The promo code is well known, though. 🙂

GTB86

Need Help? Let's chat.