cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo - Great plan, what is PM response

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So now Koodo has a plan better than PM - Now - only for BC, Alta, Ont.

$60/month 

Unlimited Cda Wide

Unlimited Global text

10 GB data (Yes LTE) 

Any response PM??

120 REPLIES 120

smp99

@ChopstickHero wrote:

Bring back the $40/mo 4GB, unlimited talk and text promo... ppl will be happy again.

You know, this makes more sense now than last week. With basically all of the major players offering $60 10GB, there would be a huge market still left for $40 4GB. And possibly the PM activation website might not get slammed this time because of all the other activity happending elsewhere. 

You don't have to reduce or play around with any of the 3g plans, just this one plan that everyone is familiar with. 

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ChopstickHero I second that!

ChopstickHero

Bring back the $40/mo 4GB, unlimited talk and text promo... ppl will be happy again.

Michael77

@jeffster1970 wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

Sounds like collusion to me.

Bingo.

And I have the belief that Rogers started this to start a war with Freedom -- obviously Rogers services are inferior to Bell/Telus ... everyone knows this. Likely Rogers lost some customers over the past few weeks...10GB for $60 for second rate service might enough for some on 1st rates services, like Telus/Bell.

Now pretty much all of the providers are selling that $60 plan.

jeffster1970

@lukevader wrote:

Bingo.

And I have the belief that Rogers started this to start a war with Freedom -- obviously Rogers services are inferior to Bell/Telus ... everyone knows this. Likely Rogers lost some customers over the past few weeks...10GB for $60 for second rate service might enough for some on 1st rates services, like Telus/Bell.

lukevader

This entire war started with Fido 

It had nothing to do with Freedom though

937x495_smart_fit

Considering Fido had the plan first I doubt it

@Vickel wrote:

Wonder if Jermey had anything to do with this promo having moved to Koodo

Vickel

Great deal, but I don't go over my data from the 12gb promo

Wonder if Jermey had anything to do with this promo having moved to Koodo

MEU_21

For someone that doesn't need more data, I would only move if I get the equivalent 3-4GB/m with Canada wide calling on an LTE plan - for $30/m, otherwise not worth it for me to switch.

If anything, PM could bring back the 2016 Fall promo and at least make it Canada-wide, but bringing back the fall promo alone, is no longer competitive. I totally understand those that want to switch.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@busybee124 wrote:

It's not just Koodo. Rogers & Bell have been offering some better plans as well.

Nope, Bell and Rogers no Ontario, how is better ?

Michael77

@Farjy wrote:

Right ! There is no offer for quebec customers! We get the lowest offers compare to other providers 

I think Quebec has great offers already. 

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Right ! There is no offer for quebec customers! We get the lowest offers compare to other providers 

denkom

@bilal684 That's exactly what I'm looking for too. I don't burn through too much data per month. 4gb would be perfect for me. Would love to see PM respond with the 12gb/$38 offer for those not needing so much data.

lukevader

I don't know about you but rogers/fido sucks here. Bell was offering a somewhat similar plan but 25 activation fee, shipping 5 for the sim and only national texting

busybee124
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's not just Koodo. Rogers & Bell have been offering some better plans as well.

Michael77

@kav2001c wrote:

You could but for someone doing lots of long distance calls there are better plans out there @Michael77

That is true.

eyoshida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This plan from Koodo is really attractive, hopefully PM can do something similar

bilal684

I hope PM does the 38$ for 12gb deal again... I don't want a bunch of data... I just want 3 to 4gb a month... Please reduce the 12gb plan price 😞

lukevader

@kav2001c I appreciate the response, r u (not) talking about the sk15? Cat Tongue

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c I can confirm it, include Ontario, 10GB Data, Canada Wide calling, International texting, I pick the sim for $15 Cat Happy, time to leave PM until, my I used up all my Adds On, I pay PM 12GB Data for 90 days for $90 with rewards but I need more Data, going to catch Jeremy_M at Koodo Cat Happy

You could but for someone doing lots of long distance calls there are better plans out there @Michael77

Michael77

You could always buy a long distance add-on or use Fongo or Hangouts Dialler.

lukevader

@tom3204 or someone who calls out of province a lot. I sure missed that. 

@lukevader it is a well known loophole plan 

One of those shh not supposed to discuss

Cat Wink

tom3204
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Captain Obvious here. For a lot (most?) people, the $38 for 4 GB is still a better deal. 10 GB for $60 is only a better deal for people who actually need that extra data.

lukevader

@kav2001c what telus plan are you referring to? I online chatted with them today and they said nothing on the table to match this crazy deal. 

@lukevader it will never be identical.... both have strengths and weaknesses

(eg Fido offers data bytes + pulse, Koodo does not even have a call centre unless you pay for it. By that logic the Fido plan is obviously superior to the Koodo plan)

Also remember last year when Fido / Virgin / Koodo offered the great 4GB plans? 6 months later the users had price increases!

Public has a far better track record of not screwing their client base

Oh and original point still stands; Telus promo plan kills the Koodo promo plan anyways

We are talking nearly half (about $2.50 per gig vs $6 per gig)

lukevader

@kav2001c but u can't do that. Comparing Apple's to Apple's would be the 30 day plan. This 90 day plan is only an advantage to pm. And oh yes another advantage when I went on holidays in Jamaica for 3 weeks in October I couldn't put my pm account on any kind of vacation hold. Nope had to let it run for almost a third of my period when I could have called koodo and got a vacation hold

@lukevader noooo

The 90 day version is cheaper than 30 day version

And the 3G plan is even cheaper than the LTE plan

Need Help? Let's chat.