cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo - Great plan, what is PM response

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So now Koodo has a plan better than PM - Now - only for BC, Alta, Ont.

$60/month 

Unlimited Cda Wide

Unlimited Global text

10 GB data (Yes LTE) 

Any response PM??

120 REPLIES 120

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The hook with these plans  is that most people rely on getting a subsidzed phone.  So next year the providers will let everyone know they can upgrade to a new phone and when they do they will be told their 10GB plan isn't available with that phone and they will need to get a plan worth $XXX.XX.  Or they will just give the notice and raise the price of the plan.

I want to see lower plan all the time and not have to worry about promo's.  Just give us fair pricing and we will be happy (for awhile anyway)

Well that pretty much excludes everyone who switches from here cause we can't even get phones from PM.

PLUS koodo has an amazing track record for not raising plan rates. Heck I know people who have been paying the same rate for the SK plan for 5+ years 

lukevader

@Michael77 wrote:

@lukevader,

If you were on the $38 per month plan and PM allowed you to add Canada-wide calling, the total would come to $43 per month not $53. The $15 for Canada-wide calling is for 90 days. So that would add an extra $5 per month.

Well, being that this magical ability to go back in time and change it to Canada wide calling doesn't exist, based on todays rates just to go to Canada wide and leave everything else pretty much the same my plan would have had to go from 120 to 195. That's $25 more a month. 

On this new 60/10 plan the increase was only $22 month and I got an extra 5gb data month. Oh well. 

Michael77

@jeffster1970 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The hook with these plans  is that most people rely on getting a subsidzed phone.  So next year the providers will let everyone know they can upgrade to a new phone and when they do they will be told their 10GB plan isn't available with that phone and they will need to get a plan worth $XXX.XX.  Or they will just give the notice and raise the price of the plan.

I want to see lower plan all the time and not have to worry about promo's.  Just give us fair pricing and we will be happy (for awhile anyway)

Oddly, after signing for this $60 10GB plan, I was looking at their phones. On my account,the LG G6 was on sale for $360 -- the $15 medium tab. Discount of $544.  Decided to see if I could get it. 

So, it went through -- got 1st email telling me that the LG has shipped. Second email thanking me for newing my contract, which was the $60/month for 10GB, and here is the what I wanted to see, contract is NOT 24 months, it's "month-to-month". 

Of course, if PM comes up with something better, I'll pay off the tab and head back here. Guess we'll see when we see. 

@jeffster1970,

Not a bad plan if you need data.

Who did you sign up with?

jeffster1970

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Oddly, after signing for this $60 10GB plan, I was looking at their phones. On my account,the LG G6 was on sale for $360 -- the $15 medium tab. Discount of $544.  Decided to see if I could get it. 

So, it went through -- got 1st email telling me that the LG has shipped. Second email thanking me for newing my contract, which was the $60/month for 10GB, and here is the what I wanted to see, contract is NOT 24 months, it's "month-to-month". 

Of course, if PM comes up with something better, I'll pay off the tab and head back here. Guess we'll see when we see. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChopstickHero @Ichong88 definitely 100% the bonus data is no longer limited to 24 months at any of the carriers participating in the promotion.

Here's the text I got from Fido yesterday, for example:

Screenshot_20171219-120419.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ChopstickHero

@Ichong88 wrote:

Just an FYI ~ for those of you that are heavy data users and thinking of switching, I agree that $60/mth for 10gb is a great deal, but just be aware that Rogers matching plan is only for a 24mth period, then they can automatically increase the cost of your plan much higher for the 10gb!  I'm not sure about Bell, but i believe the Telus/Koodo will remain at $60/mth with no conditions.

Rogers released some information saying that the plan will not end after 24 months. So essentially as long as you stay on that plan, you will have it indefinitely.

839facd9-5b87-4eba-b1d8-986f75b780e0.jpg

Ichong88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just an FYI ~ for those of you that are heavy data users and thinking of switching, I agree that $60/mth for 10gb is a great deal, but just be aware that Rogers matching plan is only for a 24mth period, then they can automatically increase the cost of your plan much higher for the 10gb!  I'm not sure about Bell, but i believe the Telus/Koodo will remain at $60/mth with no conditions.

Michael77

@srlawren wrote:

@Michael77 I had a realization this morning. Public Mobile is synonymous to my beloved OnePlus devices! They may not be as flashy or have as many extra features as the big players, but they are lightning fast, work for my needs for the moment, and offer amazing value for the cost. I think that's why I like both so much. Near flagship but for midrange price.

For those that need the extra data the 10gig plans are amazing but given my usage to date I think I'm better off with PM.

@srlawren,

Makes sense.  I am glad you are staying.  🙂

srlawren

@Michael77 I had a realization this morning. Public Mobile is synonymous to my beloved OnePlus devices! They may not be as flashy or have as many extra features as the big players, but they are lightning fast, work for my needs for the moment, and offer amazing value for the cost. I think that's why I like both so much. Near flagship but for midrange price.

For those that need the extra data the 10gig plans are amazing but given my usage to date I think I'm better off with PM. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@kav2001c how do I change it to a tablet plan? I guess I have to call them eh? I tried off and on for hours yesterday and couldn't get through. I actually have a couple of activation issues there I was going to ask them to look into. But maybe I should try three tablet plan instead. Not a bad idea. 

ChopstickHero

@srlawren

It's never an easy decision to leave.  The one thing that might keep me here is the network.  

With all these $60 promos floating around, I already lost one referral. I hope I don't lose any more. I plan to stick to my Fall 2016 promo forever. 

Michael77

@srlawren wrote:

@Michael77 no.  I still have tomorrow so I'm going to sleep on it, but to be totally honest I'm reconsidering the whole thing.  My 2016 Fall Promo plan here meets my current needs quiet well, and with rewards, the difference in price is pretty staggering.  I'm waiting for my rewards to stabilize after stepping down from oracle, and with 1 or 2 referral rewards likely going away soon, but it's looking like about a $30 a month difference between sticking with what I've got or going for one of the 10 gig options, which is $360 a year.  As great of a deal as it is, I'm just not sure I'll make enough use of the difference to make it worthwhile.  So, I'm tentatively planning to cancel the Fido line and abandon the whole plan.  Will decide soon.  🙂

@srlawren

It's never an easy decision to leave.  The one thing that might keep me here is the network.  

@srlawren don't cancel Fido line

You can change it to the $15 3GB promo plan

Then easy to keep or even sell to someone else (or keep spare SIM for extra data)

I am in same boat as you lol

A few times have thought to leave but with rewards the payments are so low I can not justify it 

(too bad Public killed my original account, that one had been free once discounts applied Cat Wink )

@srlawren wrote:

@Michael77 no.  I still have tomorrow so I'm going to sleep on it, but to be totally honest I'm reconsidering the whole thing.  My 2016 Fall Promo plan here meets my current needs quiet well, and with rewards, the difference in price is pretty staggering.  I'm waiting for my rewards to stabilize after stepping down from oracle, and with 1 or 2 referral rewards likely going away soon, but it's looking like about a $30 a month difference between sticking with what I've got or going for one of the 10 gig options, which is $360 a year.  As great of a deal as it is, I'm just not sure I'll make enough use of the difference to make it worthwhile.  So, I'm tentatively planning to cancel the Fido line and abandon the whole plan.  Will decide soon.  🙂

Garry

I'm still on the fence about leaving/staying as I still have 30+days remaining on PM plan so keeping it active costs me nothing for argument sake, as if I port out I lose the remaining balance anyways. Either way I'm incurring costs by having lines open with 2 providers but I'm going to swallow the cost and wait until I see what PM does (if anything) for Christmas/BD. If they offer nothing, then my lines are gone. In the meantime......I'm burning up my PM data as my expectations are quite low they'll be keeping me.

7 days to go.

Food for thought to PM: Drop the price of addon data to $5/gb for loyalty rewards members. That simple change would keep me here!

Tic-tock......

srlawren

@srlawren wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

@lukevader,

If you were on the $38 per month plan and PM allowed you to add Canada-wide calling, the total would come to $43 per month not $53. The $15 for Canada-wide calling is for 90 days. So that would add an extra $5 per month.

@Michael77 PM really should offer up a $5/30 or $15/90 add-on for people on the 2016 Fall Promo, to add Canada-wide calling.  It would be such a no-brainer and would probably prevent at least some people from leaving to these other promo plans with Canada-wide calling at other providers.

Would be nice for some that is forsure.  I don't need it so how about just update the plans to that abd decrease 5 or 15 for people who don't need it lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Michael77

@Garry wrote:

Telus is definitely driving the bus here........ This weekends lack of transparency definitely proves it. 

I usually say follow the money.....but in this case it might be best described as follow the Jeremy!

@Garry,

But Jeremy is with Koodo not Telus. 

Garry

Telus is definitely driving the bus here........ This weekends lack of transparency definitely proves it. 

I usually say follow the money.....but in this case it might be best described as follow the Jeremy!

Michael77

@srlawren wrote:

@Michael77 stubborn lack of desire to make their customers even happier?  

@srlawren,

It just makes perfect sense to offer this service to their customers. Sometimes I wonder who is making the decisions for PM? Is it PM or Telus?

By the way, did you pick up a Koodo sim card?

Karnbot13

Why would you get rid of the 90 day option? I personally like having the flexibility to use the data anyway I like for the period. My usages change from month to month,  the ability to use it in any amount I  want up to my allotted limit over the 90 days is perfect for me

srlawren

@Michael77 stubborn lack of desire to make their customers even happier?  

Michael77

@srlawren,

I agree. They would make more money this way. I wonder why they don't? 

srlawren

@Michael77 wrote:

@lukevader,

@Michael77 PM really should offer up a $5/30 or $15/90 add-on for people on the 2016 Fall Promo, to add Canada-wide calling.  It would be such a no-brainer and would probably prevent at least some people from leaving to these other promo plans with Canada-wide calling at other providers.

Michael77

@lukevader wrote:

You think I want to talk on a voip app from Calgary to Edmonton while driving for 3 hours almost on a daily basis? It doesn't work and 4gbs a month wouldn't even come close to covering that data.

Even being on the $38 month plan and adding Canada unlimited for $15 (which you can't even do here) I would be paying $53.... so 7 bucks for 6 extra gigs a month?? Bye bye.

@lukevader,

lukevader

You think I want to talk on a voip app from Calgary to Edmonton while driving for 3 hours almost on a daily basis? It doesn't work and 4gbs a month wouldn't even come close to covering that data.

Even being on the $38 month plan and adding Canada unlimited for $15 (which you can't even do here) I would be paying $53.... so 7 bucks for 6 extra gigs a month?? Bye bye.

ChopstickHero

I haven't found those restrictions limiting. And anyone I have referred hasn't come back and told me they feel limited on the plan. There are plenty of apps out there that can overcome those limitations by offering VOIP calling and messaging using data (Whatsapp, Skype, Google Hangouts, Telegram, Facebook, etc). 

lukevader

@ChopstickHero wrote:

Bring back the $40/mo 4GB, unlimited talk and text promo... ppl will be happy again.

No we won't. Maybe if it was Canada wide calling, International texting $40 month and none of this 90 day stuff anymore. 

ChopstickHero

I totally agree. The $40 promo was a true disruptor. I hate that word right now b/c it's trendy but that's really what PM did at that price point.

I've never seen a such a frenzy to get a phone plan. I'm very happy that I was able to get it, but it's tough to refer friends when the current PM plans aren't that competitive. To ppl used to high cell phone bills, $60 seems like a deal even though most ppl would never even come close to 10GB let alone half of that.

Again, bring back the $40 promo to respond and watch the buzz grow. I'd be happy to help promote it.

bilal684

I'd switch instantly to 40$/month 4gb plan if PM offers it. Right now I pay 90$ for three months with 500mb / month... Please do it, I'll be more than happy 😄

Need Help? Let's chat.