cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo - Great plan, what is PM response

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So now Koodo has a plan better than PM - Now - only for BC, Alta, Ont.

$60/month 

Unlimited Cda Wide

Unlimited Global text

10 GB data (Yes LTE) 

Any response PM??

120 REPLIES 120

@shawnie_boy I'd argue for many people "lower cost" is far more valuable than "lower cost per gig"

Especially if you are not using it....

If you want a lower cost per gig the Telus plan is still far better than the Koodo plan

But why pay higher base cost for extra data you never use?

@shawnie_boy wrote:

The plan is a way better value and a much lower cost per gb.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@smp99 it's doubtful they will come up with something better but if they do you can canel koodo and only pay the days you actually used. Another plus for koodo. 

smp99

The Koodo deal is supposed to go to the 19th. So give PM some time, unless your renewal is in the next day or 2

lukevader

By the way the closest plan you can get here is

30 days (So already behind the 8 ball cause it's not a full month)

Canada wide calling

International texting

5GB LTE data (half the data)

67 a month. 

$7 more for less. 😞

I switched. I hate to leave but this is just too good of a deal to pass up even though my 90 days is not over till Feb. I'll port out later so now I have tons of data. 

smp99

PM doesn't have to match data. Many of us have enough data. Maybe they go another route by making all plans Cda wide. PM may lose some revenue, but it would add almost zero cost.

If the current plans at the other carriers becomes the norm, there would be little reason for potential new customers to look at PM. 

I'm not leaving, I have more than enough data, and a signifcant amount of rewards. 

lukevader

For me it's a great deal.

Some friends just moved back to NS and that's an extra $15 a month on the 38 but because I can't just add unlimited canadian ld cause I would lose my 12 gb lte data pack anyway sooo an extra 66/90 days for an extra 18 gb lte data PLUS voLTE in the future, plus customer service call in service is too good of a deal to pass up.

I'll bet our pal Jeremy had something to do with this plan. 🙂

If you're going to use it, sure I would agree.  But if you're not going to, why pay more?

shawnie_boy

The plan is a way better value and a much lower cost per gb.

@shawnie_boy, you've just said you don't know if you'd use the data, and you don't need Canada wide calling.... so how is it a better plan on Koodo, than the Fall 2016 promo?

You're basically saying, the $20 extra (or $22) is for the ability to use a tab for phone subsidy, and call centre would be available to sit on hold to get your problem resolved.

shawnie_boy

This is very tempting to switch to Koodo 10gb for 60. The only problem is I don’t need the extra data or Canada wide calling. It is definitely a better deal overall to the PM 38 for 4gb

Michael77

There are also some lower priced plans with one of the other providers for 4 and 6 gigs with nationwide calling.

bilal684

Still crossing my fingers. I joined PM because virgin mobile scammed me on black friday deal... The service so far is very good however I had a bit more data with virgin... I'd rather give my money to Telus rather than Bell from now on.

Term have been revised since initial post (error or deliberate?)

Even Fido is now a true 10GB plan (funny to anyone who signed up on original 5+5 I hope they call in & switch)

Surprisingly Bell & Telus are also offering in ON now (still no Fido yet)

closng

@mimmo wrote:

I don't think PM will to respond as Telus will be happy if any PM customer moves to koodo or telus.  that is the whole point of PM, Lucky and Chatr, feed clients upwards.   

Now if Lucky or Chatr had a promo then i would expect PM to respond.

I think PM is is a strange position becasue if offers both 3g and full LTE, The LTE makes it a direct  competitor to Koodo and my gut tells me PM will eventully drop LTE options for new clients so that it is more inline with Lucky and Chatr.

Those are some great points you make @mimmo and I have to agree that the chances of PM having a promotion to match these new offers coming out of the Big 3 will be very slim. 

ToniCipriani

@ShawnC13 wrote:

If this is matching FIDO then it would probably have the same terms.  10GB for 24 months and after that it is 5GB

It's for life.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-60-mo-10gb-byod-hot-2154413/#p28645922

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't think PM will to respond as Telus will be happy if any PM customer moves to koodo or telus.  that is the whole point of PM, Lucky and Chatr, feed clients upwards.   

Now if Lucky or Chatr had a promo then i would expect PM to respond.

I think PM is is a strange position becasue if offers both 3g and full LTE, The LTE makes it a direct  competitor to Koodo and my gut tells me PM will eventully drop LTE options for new clients so that it is more inline with Lucky and Chatr.

koimr1

I'm not sure PM will go toe-to-toe with this.

I'm content with what I have (the Fall 2016 Promo basically) so personally what I would like to see is much more reasonable add-on prices.

Say I do go over my data, for whatever reason. At $30 for 1GB I'm not gonna do it, I'll grumble and suck it up on wifi. If that was more like $10 then I'd likely go for it. For PM, that's $10 going towards them versus nothing.

Acekiller

PM is marketed as a lower cost option to other companies. So if Koodo (and other companies) have plans that are cheaper than PM, it is natural to expect PM to respond.

taylor7787
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Excellent way of describing exactly how I feel.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There needs to be some sort of response even if the fragile system cannot handle it.  The bleeding of customers will come.  Not everybody needs the large data buckets.  Some will just leave because of the perceived value offered by the competing brands even if the plans are not totally suitable. 

@stonechucker, you seem to have some spare arms and legs, can you lend me a few?

What I'm asking for is the marketing teams to realize that customers are looking for what they want, and not for what the marketing teams want.

As a customer, I should be able to find 'somewhere' in the universe of Canadian wireless service, a plan that meets my needs, and doesn't cost 3 arms and 4 legs to pay for it.

We all know data is cheap, so I jumped on the extra 6 GB of data when it was offered to me, thinking hey, I'll start streaming media when I'm driving (Spotify), and I'll maybe watch videos at my lunch and breaks while at work, as WiFi isn't available on personal devices.

19 months later, I've gone from using almost 3 GB for 90 days, to 4 GB for 90 days.  I love the province wide calling, because I have no need for Canada wide.  Unlimited voice and text is great, but again, overkill.  However, I don't want to be limited by the number of calls or texts I can send, as it's a hard limit, and going over the costs are unexpected.

In the world of Telus, there should be 3 distinct brands.  Telus for the Business requirments, Koodo for the middle of the the road folks who want Business and personal needs met, and then Public Mobile for those who don't need the frills.

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So, you're asking PM to compete against another subsidiary of the same parent company? That'll work.

bilal684

Please PM do some promos for the end of the year, I gotta grab a little more data, I don't care if it's 3gb speed... currently have the 90$ plan for 3 month with 1.5gb of data. If you lower the price for the 12gb plan, I'd switch right now 😞

This is where you're wrong.

For a customer like me, the plan includes too much, and if I were to switch, it would be charging me more per month, to waste even more data, pay more for Canada wide calling, which I rarely ever do.

I have 12 GB over 90 days.  I used just over 4 my past cycle.  I just don't understand how people go through their data buckets.  

Personally, I'd like to see a decrease in the current plans here, to match the Fall 2016 promo value as IN MARKET pricing.  And then, a promo be for the same plans, at a reduced cost.  I think there'd be a great uptake on that.

bilal684

I don't see any great deals for Quebec customers 😞

taylor7787

it would seem as though this is there attempt at a 1-UP on their plan as this one does not seem to have the 5 gig 'bonus' that expires

If this is matching FIDO then it would probably have the same terms.  10GB for 24 months and after that it is 5GB

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

taylor7787

confirmed nothing about 5 gb

smp99

Just go to Koodo splash page - says right there. Ont is inlcuded and nothing about 5GB

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 plan is only AB/BC

Where did you see ON?

Plan is only 5GB

(read the fine print)

Plan is price match to Fido (who actually has more features than Koodo)

Nothing to do with Koodo marketing

Need Help? Let's chat.