cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Connection?

Publicly_Mobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is Public Mobile owned by Koodo (or vice versa)?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

The last statement is sarcasm.

@stonechucker and here I thought you were pro-triopolgy!!!  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Public Mobile used to be its own company, with its own network, and a very much desired wireless spectrum in Canada.  Telus bought them out, kept the brand going, and now as mentioned above, is a sub brand of Telus.

Fido too, originally was a separate company from Rogers, as was Chatr, and Mobilcity.

I wish there was an option like Ting in the US here.  Funny thing about Ting, created by a Canadian who wasn’t allowed to open an MVNO in Canada.

Thank-you CRTC for allowing a triopoly to exist in Canada.

The last statement is sarcasm

EDIT.  I’ve been corrected, Chatr has always been a Rogers brand.  Thanks @computergeek541 

@slash407 wrote:

not really its more of a partnership, they use telus networks but its more of a partnership than ownership(although telus has a ownership stake), im sure poeple will disagree, to each his own, not everything u read s correct, wikipedia or otherwise

Public Mobile is a 100% owned subsidiary of Telus, as is Koodo.

markevee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, all cell-phone service providers operate under multiple names to give people the false perception of choice, so telus, koodo and public mobile are owned by the same entity.

the same goes for bell, virgin, and lucky mobile. The same also goes for rogers, fido and chatr.

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Telus owns both.

@Publicly_Mobile wrote:

Both Public Mobile and Koodo Mobile brands are subsidaries of Telus.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Publicly_Mobile wrote:

Neither they are both owned by Telus.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Publicly_Mobile  a écrit :

Public mobile and Koodo are Telus. Telus is like the big boss.

Need Help? Let's chat.