cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kodoo bought out Pioneer plans?

Litvinau_A
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One of my parent is on old Pioneer plan. Today so]meone from Kodoo called and said they need some papers to be signed at the store, though we get to keep the plan.

Is this a real thing?

14 REPLIES 14

@daredogg from best to worst at handling data overages:

1- Koodo

2- Fido

3- Virgin

Bell always seems the most money hungry don't they Cat LOL

Thanks @kav2001c for the info about Koodo! My parents are with them, but they don't use much data (have never exceeded their limit anyway) so I wouldn't of known how it works. So thanks!! Robot Very Happy

I received an email on this, I find Koodo's Poaching to be well, insulting. Why switch, and for what? There's always the hidden fees and such.Palpatine on the phone.jpgJust look at him, he's not happy either, that's why he had to make a collect call to figure out why

@daredogg wrote:

Koodo has their 'shock-free' data that shuts off when limit has been reached. Currently they have a $40 deal for 500MB + 500MB bonus. For the casual data user (like me), the deal is on par with PM (because it includes 1000 minutes of international LD), but for a heavy data user, definitely not recommended.

@daredogg shock free lets you exceed data without sticker shock

EG if your plan is $10 for each additional GB, then if you go over (within their tolerance level, say 20MB) they show you went over and do not bill you for it

They also are pretty handy with txt notifications

But Koodo does NOT shut your data off

They charge you for the overages once you have used the tolerance amount

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Yes I am 🤑

I agree, that the rewards make it more desirable to stay with PM. Since you've been here more than a year @Rockdaddy22 are you now getting your extra $1 loyalty reward?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I would do it, IF I didn't have any rewards.

kav2001c wrote:

Koodo has overages unlike your Public plan

(and no rewards either but for legacy clients a non-issue)

Koodo has their 'shock-free' data that shuts off when limit has been reached. Currently they have a $40 deal for 500MB + 500MB bonus. For the casual data user (like me), the deal is on par with PM (because it includes 1000 minutes of international LD), but for a heavy data user, definitely not recommended.

If the plans are the same at Koodo and everything is working okay for you at Public, I'm not sure why anyone would actually make this switch.  Being on prepaid is actually a good thing, in my opinion.  There's no possible lowering of your credit score (credit seeking) because of the credit check, and as kav mentioned, no overages at Public Mobile. 

The only plus I could for the customer would be the ability to use a Koodo tab if you want a new phone. 

I wouldn't do it

Koodo has overages unlike your Public plan

(and no rewards either but for legacy clients a non-issue)

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Luddite  great post!!

Just trying catch up to you! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite  great post!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

It's an "offer" not a requirement, you can ignore it: read through this thread to Cat_L's post for PM's official position.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Calls-about-forced-switch-from-Public/m-p/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It is a real thing that is an OPTION for legacy customers that were from PM Had kiosks,  Select Koodo retailers can contact select PM Legacy customers and offer them the option to go to Koodo with the same plan and still have access to a kiosk or store customer Service.  Here is the post from Cat_L on the subject

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/I-received-this-email-from-Koodo-on-some-n...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.