cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know when Freedom Account shut after porting number

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

As a brand new client I took others advice and ported my Freedom number a few days ago.

Freedom sent a email today stating

"You have no phone numbers assigned to you, select a username and password within 45 days to keep your account access.

Says to log in with old phone #

Others said before nothing else I need to do once my number ported to Publuc Mobile that Freedom will take it as a account closing.

I did have a credit on my account and called their customer service department and the rep said it takes 4 to 6 weeks to put my credit on my credit card.

Any thoughts on the above or other's have experience with this?

1 REPLY 1

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hello,

As a brand new client I took others advice and ported my Freedom number a few days ago.

Freedom sent a email today stating

"You have no phone numbers assigned to you, select a username and password within 45 days to keep your account access.

Says to log in with old phone #

Others said before nothing else I need to do once my number ported to Publuc Mobile that Freedom will take it as a account closing.

I did have a credit on my account and called their customer service department and the rep said it takes 4 to 6 weeks to put my credit on my credit card.

Any thoughts on the above or other's have experience with this?

This email is normal.  It just means thay you don't have active service and Freedom and they have cancelled service.

If Freedom Pay Before, no refund

If Freedom Pay After, you have to wait for them to process request

You could have Freedom about this when talking to them.

Need Help? Let's chat.