cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kiosk's

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi with the rollout of the new Kiosk's any word of new cheaper plans since this industry always evolving with each carrier trying to wow clients and perspective customers?

10 REPLIES 10

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

In order for PM to grow, they need to acquire more subscribers. The kiosks are a form of advertising and a way to increase PM's brand awareness. I think it is part of their marketing strategy and it is a cost of customer acquistion.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Patrick_R wrote:

Just curious why a plan will be gone after Monday

@Patrick_R wrote:

Why are they taking the promo plans away? Seems a step backwards

Please see the announcement for the answers you seek.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Select-ready-made-plans-expiring-April-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Patrick_R

Why are they taking the promo plans away? Seems a step backwards

Patrick_R

Just curious why a plan will be gone after Monday

@slash407 wrote:

we did just get new plans, check them out on the website, they were in effect for a month now, alot of carriers got new plans

We got two new plans, one of them being $15 and the other being $25.  One of them will be gone after Monday, as well as two other relatively good plans.  So instead of saying that we already got new or cheaper plans, wouldn't it be less of a stretch to come to the conclusion that kiosks could be a bad thing for consumer plan pricing?  I fully realize that one thing does not necessarily and 100% lead to the other, but that would seem like a more likely conclusion to come to.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

Sadly, I think Telus is going to make us all pay more.  The idea used to be t keep costs low by not investing in advertising, getting rid of call centres, and previously only selling sims online.

Yeah, my thoughts as well with the recent advertising campaign.  Are bus/transit ads happening everywhere else?

I've been seeing a lot of Calgary Transit vehicles plastered with ads:IMG_3696.jpg

@stonechucker wrote:

Edited to modify to hide that I am secretly a time traveler from the Summer of 2106.

Cool!  Glad to know PM will be around over the next century!  SIM cards, kiosks, mass transit, smartphones... must seem pretty antiquated way of doing things in the 22nd century...

srlawren

@slash407 wrote:

we did just get new plans, check them out on the website, they were in effect for a month now, alot of carriers got new plans

@slash407 what are you talking about?  Are you talking about the 3 promo plans that are going away tomorrow?  If so, how is that relevant to @Patrick_R's question about post-kiosk plans?  And if not, then what are you talking about?

@Patrick_R also, how do you think that the introduction of kiosks has/will lead to cheaper plans?  You do know that costs of doing business are always passed on to the customers and that kiosk staff aren't free nor are the spaces in which the kiosks are placed, right?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sadly, I think Telus is going to make us all pay more.  The idea used to be t keep costs low by not investing in advertising, getting rid of call centres, and previously only selling sims online.

These changes have all happened since I joined in Summer 2016.  I’m staying loyal to my wallet, and changing to a lower cost plan on my next renewal, and I will also be watching the market to know where my next better wallet friendly plan will be.

I’m on a great deal already, but I don’t use 12 GB in 90-days.  It’s time for me to look at what I can afford to cover what I need.

Edited to modify to hide that I am secretly a time traveler from the Summer of 2106.

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi with the rollout of the new Kiosk's any word of new cheaper plans since this industry always evolving with each carrier trying to wow clients and perspective customers?

If anyhing, I would be worried about prices going up. This is an expense that Public Mobile did not have previously. We have also seen carriers making plans and device subsidies far less desireable of late.

popping

@Patrick_R wrote:

I am not sure that PM plans will be cheaper.  All cellphone providers are raising their prices by $5 to $15 recently.  Three PM plans($25, $40 and $45) will be expired on Monday.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Select-ready-made-plans-expiring-April-...

Need Help? Let's chat.