cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping plan active when switching to koodo with long delivery times

troypavlek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My offer to switch to koodo expires March 15th, so I signed up with Koodo on March 7th (5 days ago).

My public mobile plan has to be active when the activation occurs in order for me to port my number, but when I messaged koodo, they said that my SIM card still won't ship UNTIL March 15th (over a week after my order was placed). Then it still has to get delivered.

Paying $120 because one arm of TELUS can't work with the other arm of TELUS and move me in over a week's time is absurd. What can be done about this.

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13  I totaly agree with you, but when the current options  are 120$ vs 30$ I would take the $30 option.   the user is also getting $100 migration credit which is supposed to cover forefitted time.  I transfered my wife's account over the weekend and she had 60 days left in her PM account which equates to $80 of forefitted PM usage. 

If only the family members could plan ahead for the exodus that they initiated.  which reminds me of a famous quote a soothsayer once said " Beware of the ides of March"  Makes me wonder if there is any significance in the date PM choose to end thier offer...::)

@mimmowrote:

worst case just futuredate your plan to a 30day talk text and 500mb data for 30$ no need to pay the full 120$ 90 day term  or even just talk..

That is an option but a customer shouldn't have to pay another 30 days if they may only use 1.  The sim order was initiated last week.  No need to be out more money because of the shipping times.  PM and Koodo need to get something worked out, maybe have PM extend plans by 7 days for free or something like that until sim is received and port is done.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

worst case just futuredate your plan to a 30day talk text and 500mb data for 30$ no need to pay the full 120$ 90 day term  or even just talk..

troypavlek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK, I'm sending them a PM now, thanks. Not really familiar with the Public support structure, but I suppose I don't have to be since I've already switched.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@troypavlek, I totally agree with you.  When is your payment date?  I would contact Koodo and explaint this to them and see if you can go in and get a SIM from a store so that you don't ahve to renew your PM account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@troypavlek, private message the moderator team and see if they can offer some sort of goodwill to keep your account alive until you can port.  You have a legitimate case here.  The delays are through no fault of your actions. 

Need Help? Let's chat.