cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just sharing sheer joy!

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey guys!! 

This isn’t in any way related to PM or phones at all. 

I just really want to share my happiness right now, and I don’t have any social media outlets lol if this post is completely unacceptable, I apologise. 

I received news today that I have gotten my perfect apartment. I move the first of the year. 

No neighbours above me or around me; An insurance business below me. No noise. I have been waiting for YEARS for this type of set up. 

No more noisy neighbours. No more jerks. No more slumlord who hates me because I have high standards of living and of the people who share the building. 

No more toilet that floods every time it rains. No more gross people urinating on my windows. No more having to deal with 6 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment above me, along with 4 cats. No more fear of the support beams coming through my ceiling, which has already happened 3 times and the only repairs to that issue is to put plaster and screws into the ceiling. 

I could not ask for a better Yule present :’) 

I’ve been in a state of absolute joy all day. Moving onward and upward! 

I hope you have all had a wonderful day! 

JOOOOYYYYY ☺️☺️

14 REPLIES 14

Clefort88

@Acekiller, with only one business below me. It’s wonderful. It’s so quiet, so peaceful. So secluded. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

your new apt is in a commerical building?

Clefort88

@dna2016, absolutely!!! 

I will I’ll be making fresh loaves of banana bread and giving it at Yule gifts and new neighbour gifts. I’ve already made one for My new landlord too. He’s a wonderful gentleman. 

When I made goodies for my neighbours here, I was laughed at, spit on, called every name in the book, and then had a break-in, preceded by someone peeing on my front window. (Which has never actually stopped. Happens about once a month now). 

This apartment is rather life changing for me. I am so excited. 

dna2016

@Clefort88 congrats on your new place, change of scenery, and a brand new start to a positive surrounding.  It sounds like you were definitely in a horrible place and I'm glad good things are starting to happen.  

I encourage you to pay this happiness forward by being positive to others in your new surroundings.  Remember the environment/community is only as good as the people who live in it, so I recommend you help maintain that great new area by smiling and saying hi to your fellow neighbours.  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats, and I wish you continous joy in your new place.

Clefort88

@will13am, NS is chock full of people who are kind and friendly and lovely; absolutely. 

Unfortunately, there are also a lot of people who quite simply don’t give a rats bum about anything beyond themselves. 

Kentville/New Minas area has the worst reputation, possibly in the entire province, for people who simply can’t be bothered lol 

The only reason I’m living in this area is for my horticulture course, and the program my friend and I created 3 years ago. (Check it out on Facebook; SOUP - Sharing Our Unappreciated Produce) 

beyond all that, this rare gem of an apartment is amazing and thrilling. I can’t wait. It’s magic lol even if I hear noise from the taekwon do place a couple doors down, it’s structured and routine, and I’m able to turn music up to cover it.

jeffster1970

But did you check eBay??

(hopefully people here got the reference...)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I thought this kind of stuff happens only in the big city.  In the GTA nothing is surprising to anyone.  I always seen the right coast as rural and full of friendly people, at least that was my experience in the two visits out there.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great news for you dude, happy to hear, finally at the end of the tunnel have light for you.

koimr1

That's great news!!

I know it's way easier said than done but life is too short to put up with that sorta stuff. I'm happy for ya! 🙂

closng

Happy to hear things are working out for you.

Hope you enjoy your new place @Clefort88!

Clefort88

@will13am, I’ve been in this unit for 2 years and 11 days. It has been the worst rental experience of my life, and I’ve stayed in council flats in the UK lol 

The issues have been over the last two years, but I’ve never really had a good experience with renting here in NS. 

Even as recent as last night when there was a huge fight upstairs and a bookcase was knocked over, and a massive crack developed in my ceiling; and the rain today causing my toilet to flood around the base. Again. Every time it rains. 

And the landlord simply tells me that were they to fix the building, no one would be able to afford to live here afterwards. *facepalm* 

I am overjoyed to be moving into a unit that’s only above a business, with all concrete walls, and no neighbours. Thrilled lol beyond thrilled. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Clefort88, are all the bad things you've listed things that have happened in the past?  It is a pretty long list of bad luck.  Glad that things have turned the corner for you. 

Michael77

Nice to hear. I hope you enjoy your new place. 🙂

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well, if there were any subforum to post this into, 'discussions' would be it.

Congrats on finding a nice place.  Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.