cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just activated sim and ported old number, but phone not working

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Got my sim today, activated, selected a plan, made required payment, ported old number (big mistake), yet phone is not working. Each time I try to make a call, a voice message says my I don't have a addon for long distance call on my plan (though I'm suppose to have unlimited Canada & US call).

Try to contact moderator for the past 4hrs, no response

7 REPLIES 7

sarahhall1006
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried powering down your phone and starting it again?  Also, make sure phones software is up to date.

sulagok

Thanks guys, my phone is up and running now.

GingerZing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@drmartin wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

Got my sim today, activated, selected a plan, made required payment, ported old number (big mistake), yet phone is not working. Each time I try to make a call, a voice message says my I don't have a addon for long distance call on my plan (though I'm suppose to have unlimited Canada & US call).

Your account may have a provisioning issue where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Also, be aware they're pretty swamped right now.  So it may take a little longer than 4 hours! Patience is key!!

Good response, thanks for the tip!

sulagok

@drmartin wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

Your account may have a provisioning issue where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Also, be aware they're pretty swamped right now.  So it may take a little longer than 4 hours! Patience is key!!

Thanks for the links, I already used it to contact the moderator and still waiting for the response. Can't believe it can be this hard, but don't want to complain

sulagok

Thanks for the response.

No, I can't receive calls not send text messages and confirmed that my number was ported already.

drmartin

@sulagok wrote:

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
  • Can you receive calls?
  • Can you send/receive texts?

If "no" for any ...

• Ask your former provider to see if your number is actually ported.
  • If above is yes, ask a moderator. (Up to 48 hours wait)

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

Need Help? Let's chat.