Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Activating Sim Cad

mhhakimi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@mhhakimi wrote:

Thank you for the informative post. @Jeremy_M is honoring people who have "ordered" the sim card, I've bought the sim card during the Telus Tower Event, unless it is the same situation then I'll go ahead and activate a temporary number through my friend's computer. 

Should be honoured.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mhhakimi

Thanks

You will still get the promo plan as outlined here:

per Jeremy http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Ordering-amp-SIM-Card-Payment-amp-Pi...

Please read this stuff before you try again:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

During activation, or account usage,

- clear your browser's cache and turn off any ad/popup blocker

- if your name is longer than 10 letters shorten it

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

"Tricks" for port-ins

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mhhakimi

Thanks

@mhhakimi oh that's no good. Yes totally need mod intervention then. Unfortunately the wait seems to be over a week still.

mhhakimi

Thanks

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@mhhakimi SIM didn't expire so likely a port issue, try activating a temporary number to port over later (sounds like might need mods to help push port through)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

What browser are you using to access the page.  Have you tried a different one? 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.