cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues when returning from the US

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So the last 2 times I have gone to the US I have has to restart my phone to reconnect to the PM network. Anyone know why. I don't buy a US roaming add on but use my phone as a GPS. When I cross back into Canada I get a data connection but no phone service until I restart my phone. It is kind of annoying since I am typically driving and can't restart my phone. Any way to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The phone is a Samsung galaxy grand prime. I will try cycling the airplane mode next time since that would be quicker than restarting. Also I am not sure if this phone did it with my old carrier since i always made sure to travel using airplane mode to avoid any charges.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@kelvarnsen wrote:

So the last 2 times I have gone to the US I have has to restart my phone to reconnect to the PM network. Anyone know why. I don't buy a US roaming add on but use my phone as a GPS. When I cross back into Canada I get a data connection but no phone service until I restart my phone. It is kind of annoying since I am typically driving and can't restart my phone. Any way to fix this?

This could be a phone software thing. Do you have extra phone you can try nex time you are crossing?  If phone software issue, only option would be to change phones or ignore the problem.

Clanceypriske
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is interesting. We will be going to flordia in September. Good to know 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kelvarnsen wrote:

When you're being cavity searched at the border and they go away to remove their gloves...flip in and out of Airplane mode. Then it should pick up Bellus towers and you're back.

Kinda like arriving back on a plane. Your phone was in Airplane mode anyway.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

first time hearing of this. what phone are you using? could be a phone issue?

maybe pull over after crossing border and restart phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.