Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a new feature?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

15 REPLIES 15

@ShawnC13   Just looked at JB456's post in the Lounge and see the response from you and computergeek, but his first post has "stay safe" message.  Thanks and will leave it at that.

@dabr wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@dabr

Seems like @Jb456's posts are all being edited/replaced with "Stay Safe!" by the user. Maybe he's decided to redact from PM. Maybe someone else is vandalizng his account.

The Oracles can determine when edits. PM might be able to restore edited posts from pre-edited backups. Assuming PM has a working backup strategy, lol, and assuming these user posts are a priority while PM remains understaffed from quarantine/pandemic.

@Korth  and @dabr , Jb456 posted last night that he was going to go through all his posts and remove the content.  Oracles can't determine when or who edits a post, we can edit posts that is all.

@ShawnC13   Thanks for the info, I haven't seen that post but at least that explains it. 

@dabr was posted in the lounge but it may have been changed to Stay Safe now

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@dabr

Seems like @Jb456's posts are all being edited/replaced with "Stay Safe!" by the user. Maybe he's decided to redact from PM. Maybe someone else is vandalizng his account.

The Oracles can determine when edits. PM might be able to restore edited posts from pre-edited backups. Assuming PM has a working backup strategy, lol, and assuming these user posts are a priority while PM remains understaffed from quarantine/pandemic.

@Korth  and @dabr , Jb456 posted last night that he was going to go through all his posts and remove the content.  Oracles can't determine when or who edits a post, we can edit posts that is all.

@ShawnC13   Thanks for the info, I haven't seen that post but at least that explains it. 

@Korth wrote:

@dabr

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@dabr

@Korth   You're right, just looked at couple of other threads where he posted (and I did as well), it's the same message.   Hopefully, he/mods get it sorted quickly and that it's not some malicious virus (software!) on his computer, but yes while PM is short staffed it may take longer.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@dabr

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Stay Safe!

@Jb456   All your posts have this message in this thread?  I'm guessing there's something on your end (and not PM for once) since the other messages are fine?

But yes definitely stay safe 🙂

@Jb456   Yes I can see that it might be useful for your situation and maybe like you suggested it might have been something that was being tested.  As long as there was an "off" button for others who don't want all the notifications, it sounds good.

Yes, I've seen yours and Luddites, LovestoPM, gblackma and others posting on the French side and I have no idea how you all find the time and energy to post on both sides, but good job to all you 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456   I don't know if my experience is the same as yours, but yes I've had quite a few notifications (perhaps half a dozen), over the last few months to threads that I have never personally participated in and I always thought it was strange but knowing the glitches and oddities of PM, I've never really given it too much thought.

So are you saying you are getting a notification about every new thread?  Because that would be strange and I'm glad mine was just the occasional notice 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Personally I wouldn't want a notification everytime a thread is started. That would be crazy

...sorry my bad

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

I've never seen this before did anyone else get it?

@Jb456 not available to me. What are your settings? Thanks. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 No I don't have this. Maybe you changed your notification settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.