cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to cancel a port before the other service takes hold ?

Immenze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On Saturday I placed a weborder with Sister Brand Koodo to transfer over there. However, I now want to remain with PM instead. Is there a way to prevent the port in at Koodo. The webstore help line won't be open till Tuesday.  So I will not be able to cancel the order till than. 

8 REPLIES 8

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Immenze wrote:

On Saturday I placed a weborder with Sister Brand Koodo to transfer over there. However, I now want to remain with PM instead. Is there a way to prevent the port in at Koodo. The webstore help line won't be open till Tuesday.  So I will not be able to cancel the order till than. 

If you ordered online, the new Koodo sim will come activated with a new number.  So even if when you get in touch with them you will still need to port your number over.  There is no actual port in process right now as it can take days/week to get a sim from them.  I would still call on Tuesday and just say you changed your mind but your PM account will not be affected.

Exactly. There ia no number port on the Koodo online orders until you request it.  They can't just process a phone number transfer without authorization.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Immenze wrote:

If you ordered online, the new Koodo sim will come activated with a new number.  So even if when you get in touch with them you will still need to port your number over.  There is no actual port in process right now as it can take days/week to get a sim from them.  I would still call on Tuesday and just say you changed your mind but your PM account will not be affected.

Exactly what i thought. Not sure how they can port in without account number. 

Thanks for confirming. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Immenze wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Muhtasim_Ahmed

I think that you can call koodo and cancel it or wait for the port then reverse it

@Immenze wrote:

You can call the Koodo webstore phone number to cancel the order.  Even if it doesn't get cancelled in time, services are actually activated with a brand new phone number. The porting is done online after you recieve your Koodo webstore package.  So, your number will remain at Public Mobile unless you complete the porting process.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Immenze wrote:

Pretty sure you need to get in touch with Koodo for this. 😞

Immenze

I did provide the PM phone number, no account number. I am not sure how exactly it works to port over to Koodo with a PM account. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Immenze When you placed the order at Koodo, did you provide Public Mobile account number? I thought they send you the sim with a new number and then let you port in when you get it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.