cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the data “shock free” as koodo?

ShanieBerthelot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Will I get a text message to notify me when I used 50% then 90% of my data as koodo does or do I have to keep track of it myself?

thanks

15 REPLIES 15

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

@ShanieBerthelot 

You usually get reminder texts for data running out.  Not always though.  Might want to keep track yourself.  

Once your data runs out, you will not be charged extra.  Your data just shuts off.  

Or if you have a data add on, that will kick in until your renewal and the data comes back for your plan. The add on data carries over and only runs out when you use it up -- quite beneficial. 

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ShanieBerthelot wrote:

Hi,

Will I get a text message to notify me when I used 50% then 90% of my data as koodo does or do I have to keep track of it myself?

thanks

Texts come in at 75 and 95% of your data being used.  

Texts are supposed to come in at 75 and 95% of your data being used.

@Bubbly100 wrote:

Yes since you don't get charged if ever you were to go over. They just cancel your data until the day your plan resets/ of if you purchase another plan. 

Please be sure to read through the thread as to avoid repetition.  Data getting cutting off and no overages was mentioned hours ago.

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes since you don't get charged if ever you were to go over. They just cancel your data until the day your plan resets/ of if you purchase another plan. 

ShanieBerthelot

Ok it makes sense! I didn’t really realised what’s the purpose of prepaid, I was lost. Thanks a lot!!

ShanieBerthelot

Thanks it’s perfect for me!

@ShanieBerthelot wrote:

Hi,

thanks

Texts come in at 75 and 95% of your data being used.  

chukdefatey

@bravo_md wrote:

No extra charges cause PM is a PREPAID service.

This 'No Extra Charge' Feature is exclusive to Public Mobile and Bell`s Lucky Mobile. All other Prepaid Service providers you can certainly have extra c Pay per use charges, accidental, Data overcharges, long distance charges or any other surprise charges, if you carry a Positive Balance. 

chukdefatey

@ShanieBerthelot wrote:

Hi,

thanks

You are supposed to get the Notification but sometimes they don't come in. But the beauty of Public Mobile's Pay Before Prepaid Service is what ever is Paid for is what works. Meaning no overages or any kind of surprise charges what so ever. I mean none what so ever 

bravo_md

No extra charges cause PM is a PREPAID service.

ShanieBerthelot

That’s excellent!! Thanks

ShanieBerthelot

Thats fine too if it doesn’t notify me but just shuts off. I was just worried to get billed if I go over my data. Thanks!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ShanieBerthelot 

You usually get reminder texts for data running out.  Not always though.  Might want to keep track yourself.  

Once your data runs out, you will not be charged extra.  Your data just shuts off.  

bravo_md

YES you will get notificatuions

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ShanieBerthelot yes you should when your close but its not a sure thing around here lol but you will never be charged extra you will just run out  it is best to track it your self though

Need Help? Let's chat.