cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to port out a number and keep account active?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have an account with over 70$ balance in it, I would like to port out my existing number to another carrier and use up my remaining balance for data only, is this possible? I would hate to lose my account balance.

10 REPLIES 10

@sonyfan08 wrote:

Hi,

How can one get texts of special switching to Koodo deals like $35 for 4gb data?

I know people on PM that get these texts but, I never get them.

I tried texting PM but no response on this.

Any suggestions out there how to get them?

@sonyfan08, there is no way to ask for them.  They are targeted offers and  you need to be on the plan that they are offering them to.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sonyfan08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

How can one get texts of special switching to Koodo deals like $35 for 4gb data?

I know people on PM that get these texts but, I never get them.

I tried texting PM but no response on this.

Any suggestions out there how to get them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sonyfan08 wrote:

Has anyone ever had experience from PM taking more than 3 days to message them and also no cell service for 1 week? This is unacceptable.

Not long ago it was around a freakin' week. Then it got down to a few hours more recently. Then it's back to a few days.

Carld123 has a suggestion for you. You can buy vouchers online at recharge.com. Vouchers are also available just about wherever gift cards are sold.

What exact problem are you having? You've been asking kind of side-long questions. What's the problem?

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sonyfan08

From prior posts it seems youve been having issues paying for your service...did try adding a payment using a voucher?..as for response times..up to 3 days is what im reading..

sonyfan08

Has anyone ever had experience from PM taking more than 3 days to message them and also no cell service for 1 week? This is unacceptable.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sonyfan08 wrote:

What about if PM is unable to process a payment and it is at the end of the billing cycle?

Tried calling *611 no one answered on a sat. night and PM unable to process my preauth payment online.

Can one switch to a 30 day plan & only pay for 30 days instead without a preauthorized payment of 3 months first?

@sonyfan08 yes you can do that in your self-serve account.

PS you will not be able to talk to any humans via *611 unless you got on your current plan prior to Jan 2015.  Everyone after that time can get help via private message to the moderator team.  Please see here for more details:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sonyfan08

What about if PM is unable to process a payment and it is at the end of the billing cycle?

Tried calling *611 no one answered on a sat. night and PM unable to process my preauth payment online.

Can one switch to a 30 day plan & only pay for 30 days instead without a preauthorized payment of 3 months first?

@sonyfan08 wrote:

Is it possible to port out a number and get a refund for the prepayment amount to public mobile? ie. paid for 3 months, number ported out with more than 2 months left over.

This is a prepaid carrier. Like any other prepaid carrier in Canada there are no refunds on unused portions of a plan if you choose to change your plan or port out before the end of your current cycle.

sonyfan08

Is it possible to port out a number and get a refund for the prepayment amount to public mobile? ie. paid for 3 months, number ported out with more than 2 months left over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poogzley, Unfortunately, once your number is ported out, your account will be closed.  However, if you have a family member, etc. that is also with Public Mobile, the moderators might be able to transfer the balance to them.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.