cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me or does this happen with everyone.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have noticed when you approach Moderate intervention related inquiries directly they treat you like an idiot. But if the same inquiry is done after posting here they treat you like a Human Being.

My issues was explained very very very  clearly that I am in BC with a Unlimited BC calling Plan and I am unable to reach a Telus Mobility BC Prefix 778-794. It says the call is long distance and therefore I don't have a long distance booster add on and the call doesn't go through. It took almost 6 to 7  messages back and fourth before a ticket was filled. Very frustrated with this type of BS

10 REPLIES 10

@chukdefatey wrote:

Hello Every one,  Most of you are saying you haven't had an issues, I agree with that. But what I am trying to say is if you approch them Directly via DM they make you feel like an idiot but if you start a thread with an issue & a Mod gets tagged in it they take your issue more seriously & the issue is fixed very quickly. 

My personal experience is in contradiction to your statement. I had a problem that only the mods could help with, and I knew that. Didn't  see the point to start a thread in the community in order to waste everybody's time, so directly went on to send a private message to the mods. The problem was fixed in a very reasonable time frame and the mods on my case were very friendly and professional.

Having worked in customer service myself, I know that some scenarios (as an example when a customer, from the word "go", tries to tell me how to do the job I have extensive training for and have worked in for 10+ years...) on some days can push my buttons and I switch to "over-professional mode", ie I do everything exactly by the book...

Sometimes our own perceptions deceive us, or it can be a matter of how we approach things or the way our communication styles come accross. Sometimes things are a bit more complicated than we think if they are put in their proper context.

Not trying to devalue your less than perfect experience and I understand your frustration.

But I personally think that public blanket statements, that suggest that the moderators generally only treat us fairly (or in what we perceive as timely manner) when we approach them coming through the community, are not only untrue, but also don't acknowledge the overall amazing job the moderators, as Public Mobile employees, do.

If you feel that there is a specific need for improvement it might be better to take that back to the moderator team through a private message. I'm fairly certain that they'd appreciate the feedback.

chukdefatey

Hello Every one,  Most of you are saying you haven't had an issues, I agree with that. But what I am trying to say is if you approch them Directly via DM they make you feel like an idiot but if you start a thread with an issue & a Mod gets tagged in it they take your issue more seriously & the issue is fixed very quickly. 

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

no problems with mods for me either

sherr6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Chukdefatey,

I understand your frustration completely, as I've been going through the same thing recently.

Name Display has been rolled out, and mine somehow got changed to something I consider quite offensive. I've been in contact with the mods to have this changed, yet the general response I've been given is, it is done through the handset. And, if I cannot figure out, to contact the manufacturer.

I was with Rogers Wireless before this, and to have the name changed, there were two ways: through Customer Sevice (*611) or via their website. Also, I believe they rolled out at the beginning of this year that it can be done through your account on MyRogers.

I'm curious to know how to change the Outbound Caller ID Name, so if anyone can chime in, that would be greatly appreciated. Again, it seems the mods are convinced its done through my handset so I'd like to know how so. But I should mention that there is nothing in the user manual that talks anything remotely close to this!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @chukdefatey

Sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience.  The variation in the treatement of @stonechucker and you is a bit troubling.  

I have not had any issues so far in communicating with the mods.  I hope the specific issue in your case will be fixed soon.  

Michael77

I've needed to contact the moderators two times for issues regarding my service. The first was when I initially joined PM. It took almost two days to fix my porting issue. But the delay was expected because it was a very busy time for the mods as it was the FM promotion.  The second time I needed help from PM, a ticket was created because I was not able to tether. I think the issue was resolved fairly quickly (within a few days) but it wasn't a big deal because I was still able to use my service. 

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have not had any problems with their mod team

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chukdefatey, I have messaged various members of the moderator team countless times for various issues and have always been treated with respect.  I am the custodian to more accounts than I care to count.  While I have discussed problems that I have encountered in the forums purely for information exchange purposes, they have never been the anchor point for drawing the moderator team's attention to my problems.  I don't use tagging as it is inefficient and a major distraction.  I can't say that a single message is always adequate to resolve an issue.  Such is the nature of a messaging system, where several messages are required to form a conversation.  It is not out of the ordinary to have a conversation in order for two parties to understand each other.  This is not about disrespect.  Just apply the mantra do unto others...

Getting back on topic, I did have issues with calling toll free numbers when I first joined.  Somehow, the problem just went away. 

chukdefatey

I wish I had received service like you did. I am very tech savy so I provided every little single detail in my orginal DM but it still took like 10 times of back and fourth. I was not given Temp LD option even though I asked for it. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I’ve not experienced that type of response, however I too had a similar issue in Ontario, within the same city, however a different area code.

ticket was created to address the issue almost immediately, and as a quick fix, I was given a bucket of LD minutes to get me by.

it was resolved rather quickly, and the LD bucket is still available if I ever need it.

Sorry to hear about your service issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.