cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is is possible to deactivate my account while I'm abroad for a year and reactivate it on my return?

crampelt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent

I'm moving abroad for school for a year. Is there any way to put my account on hold or make it inactive for this period of time so I can keep my phone number for when I get back? I know someone who did this once with another cell service provider. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Take a look at this FAQ to see if it helps you out:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold

HTH

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

another option is to port your number to say fongo.com or other VOIP services.  there is a cost i think $25  depending on teh provider. this would close your PM account but let you keep your number and also allow your number to be in service.  that way you could receive calls/sms while away especially from people that might not know your away status.  it is also good option for services taht are attaced to your telnumber (google, facebook etc...)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@crampelt wrote:

@CS_Agent

I'm moving abroad for school for a year. Is there any way to put my account on hold or make it inactive for this period of time so I can keep my phone number for when I get back? I know someone who did this once with another cell service provider. Thanks!

As @mimmo, stated this will be the only way to keep your phone number and will cost you about $30-$40 for the year (which I think is pretty good)  The only thing is if you have a promo plan that is no longer offered you will not have access to that plan upon your return and will need to get an in market plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Switch to the 10 plan. Then let it exiire. Once expired you have 90 days to renew. At day 85 top up 10$ this renews your account and the process starts again.

I believe this link has a full explanation https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Need Help? Let's chat.