cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?

No it wasn't his point. Or at least that's not what he wrote.

 

I don't believe conspiracies, I don't know if this is true or not. All I'm saying is that we should try to find out.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?


@McLaren wrote:

As long as you're happy with real world testing - ie Web browsing, streaming etc then who cares about the numbers. The more important number is the dollars in savings every month!


 

@bryanbreguet he clearly said do stuff (browse & stream) and not to worry about a synthetic number from a benchmark.

 

There are TONS of reasons why a benchmark does not report accurately; that is the main reason people do not accept them as a sole basis. They can be better or worse than what you actually are getting.

 

 

 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?

@McLaren wrote:

As long as you're happy with real world testing - ie Web browsing, streaming etc then who cares about the numbers. The more important number is the dollars in savings every month!


 

@bryanbreguet he clearly said do stuff (browse & stream) and not to worry about a synthetic number from a benchmark.

 

There are TONS of reasons why a benchmark does not report accurately; that is the main reason people do not accept them as a sole basis. They can be better or worse than what you actually are getting.

 

Thanks for proving yourself wrong and/or making stuff up.

 

The initial reply of McLaren was to simply disregard benchmarks numbers and forcus on real life. Pretty much telling us that as long as you browse fast, no need to worry, especially for the price. Nowhere in his post is he mentioning that benchmarks don't report accurately. You added this part. If you want an analogy, it's like saying 1080p is perfectly fine and we don't need 4k. That might be correct but it doesn't mean 4k does not have factually more pixels.

 

Many here, including myself, have promoted PM to other people, including on RFD. And one of the main argument was that it was the same network with no restriction. So it's all good and all that web browsing is still fast, it doesn't change the fact that it's not okay if we are being throttled. At the very least, we should know.

 

Also, I find it pretty ironic that you tell me not to believe conspiracies but you are then really quick at making up reasons as to why PM would systematically, in a series of tests, perform worst than Koodo.

 

You and McLaren replies are a little bit too close to a "shill" answer for my liking. We usually don't have those in this forum and I sure hope it won't start now.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?

Okay, let's go to the horse's proverbial mouth to get the definitive anser.

 

@Jeremy_M@David_J

 

Could one of you please confirm whether or not PM traffic is throttle, de-prioritized, or otherwise treated worse than traffic from parent and sibling brands Telus and Koodo?

 

There seems to be some concern about some speed tests possibly suggesting that PM traffic is not as quick as Koodo or Telus.  Can you please weigh in and provide any info you can?


Thank you kindly!


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?


@bryanbreguet wrote:

Thanks for proving yourself wrong and/or making stuff up.

 

The initial reply of McLaren was to simply disregard benchmarks numbers and forcus on real life. Pretty much telling us that as long as you browse fast, no need to worry, especially for the price. Nowhere in his post is he mentioning that benchmarks don't report accurately. You added this part.

 

You and McLaren replies are a little bit too close to a "shill" answer for my liking. We usually don't have those in this forum and I sure hope it won't start now.


I don't think you even know what you are arguing anymore @bryanbreguet

McLaren said (quite clearly and I even quoted it for you) disregard benchmarks and focus on real world results (STREAMING + browsing)

I kicked in there are all kinds of reasons why benchmarks can be flawed

 

You chipped in that it was important if benchmarks appeared lower and told McLaren his examples just didn't cut it 

 

For the millions in attendance would love to hear how anything either of us wrote could be misrepresented as a shill? 

 

And for that matter you DO UNDERSTAND a shill has a vested interest right? So unless you think Public is paying us would love to know how we are shilling for them?

I'm not even an Oracle Cat Tongue so can't imagine what you think a personal interest could be lol

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/shill

 

 

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?

@bryanbreguet and just for the record, you do understand Public CAN throttle your data (so can Koodo and Telus for that matter)

 

They are not but they could

First bullet point on page 2

https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Public_Mobile_Terms_of_Service.pdf

https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wireless_Video_Experience_Optimization.pdf

 

 

Retraité / Retired

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?


@srlawren wrote:

Okay, let's go to the horse's proverbial mouth to get the definitive anser.

 

@Jeremy_M@David_J

 

Could one of you please confirm whether or not PM traffic is throttle, de-prioritized, or otherwise treated worse than traffic from parent and sibling brands Telus and Koodo?

 

Answer: No, PM traffic is not throttled

 

There seems to be some concern about some speed tests possibly suggesting that PM traffic is not as quick as Koodo or Telus.  Can you please weigh in and provide any info you can?

 

Answer: Data speeds can vary depending on different scenarios:

  • Location
  • Device/Handset
  • Weather
  • Network - Equipment malfunction 


Thank you kindly!


 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?

No, there are many shills out there who somehow defend brands (or other things) without being paid.

 

Also, if it's too difficult for you to follow the logic of a conversation in a thread, I'd suggest you don't comment. And I'd really, really strongly suggest you stop misrepresenting what others have said. But hey, it's hilarious that you are quoting comments proving you wrong on your own. So keep up the great work!

Mayor / Maire

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?

Thank you, @Jeremy_M, for putting the issue to rest.

 

@Eug, would you mind marking Jeremy's response as the solution to your question? 


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Is Public Mobile's LTE throttled vs Telus/Koodo? Who here has the fastest Public Mobile speed?


@kav2001c wrote:

@bryanbreguet and just for the record, you do understand Public CAN throttle your data (so can Koodo and Telus for that matter)

 

They are not but they could

First bullet point on page 2

https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Public_Mobile_Terms_of_Service.pdf

https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wireless_Video_Experience_Optimization.pdf

 

 


Yes we all get that. We have never argued about it, not me, not anybody else here.

 

What we wanted to know is if they were indeed doing that. But hey, I gave up on you following a logical conversation, so I guess your comment here makes sense.