cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Public Mobile following the path of Solo Mobile?

malang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A few years ago, Solo Mobile, a sub brand of Bell, kept their present clients and stopped taking new ones. PM has announced the so called beta period almost for four months without any clarity to public.

PM offers talks+text+1G data for $50, while Koodo, another sub brand of Telus, offers the same plan for $43 in Quebec, with all convinience of immediate activation, phone support...

The question is why people must join PM.

Is PM really taking the path of Solo and never wakes up of hibernation of beta.

2 REPLIES 2

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@malang

I do not believe that Public Mobile is going to go the route of Solo. I think if they were going to take that route they wouldn't have bothered converting the CDMA customers over to HSPA, when TELUS could have just bought Public out and shut down the network as soon as possible. 

Quebec sometimes has regional plans that do not compare to other provinces but I noticed where I am that Koodo does offer a plan for $45 with 1GB and unlimited Canada Wide talk and text, you would recieve the $10 BETA credit for the first 12 bill cycles with Public however, and the additional rewards could result in savings on the Public side however. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The usefulness of PM is that one can purchase what one wants, without needing to purchase useless additional features.

If you want a data only plan, buy only data. If you want only unlimited Canadian voice, buy only that.

Think of it as buffet-style choices.

Plus, for new customers, there is the opportunity to garner rewards, which will lower the monthly bill.

I hope that the above has differentiated PM from other carriers.

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.