cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Public Mobile Closing?

rita_fuchs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I did a search for this topic, but couldn't find recent info (so sorry if it is a repetitive topic). My boyfriend (which I brought to PM) told me he had a call today from Koodo. They tried to convince him to go with them... and told him that PM is closing. 

He asked when was the date that PM was closing and they couldn't give any awnser...

My question is : Is PM Closing?

And if not, it's really annoying that Koodo tries to take clients like this and scare people...

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoasterwrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/quot-The-future-of-PM-quot-what-we-are-st...

@rita_fuchs @Foxjig1 this link above is the correct answer.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Foxjig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I disagree, they are already making profits with no call center to support PM, limited bandwidth on LTE and on 3G plans. Not selling costly inventory like phones on PM.....corporate greed eeh!

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

don't think they are closing, but i think they are pushing customers low profit plans away.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jaswest2754wrote:

I don't believe their closing, but I believe they are restructuring to aim at more of a chatr based model with 3G data and zones. Telus is the only one of the big 3 that doesn't have a carrier based on zones.

This would be close to my guess as well. Three distinct tiers of service. I wouldn't think they'd go with zones but instead province-wide calling with Canada-wide being an add-on and no longer available as a base plan option.

Then again, who knows - the last month has been a whirlwind, hasn't it?

Foxjig1

They have zones as provinces...better than others who go down rabbit holes with cities...dont think they will make any good with that model...

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't believe their closing, but I believe they are restructuring to aim at more of a chatr based model with 3G data and zones. Telus is the only one of the big 3 that doesn't have a carrier based on zones.

Foxjig1

Looks like that is the direction they are going in, when all will migrate from PM they will shut shop.

Need Help? Let's chat.