cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Anyone In Doubt?

AfanMedia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Guys! I switched from a MAJOR network to Public Mobile. In case anyone is in doubt about the effectiveness of PB, please be assured that you are onto the best provider!

8 REPLIES 8

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SD08 valid point.  It would be interesting to know how many user register/day wirh PM versus another provider throughout the year. A time graph, labelled with sales from PM and other provider would make it pretty interesting.  I doubt this would be readily available to the public, probably only available to corporate.

JaimeLaPizza

@Tiprix wrote:

@JaimeLaPizza I did a bit of digging, hopefully this can help give you a bit of perspective.

As previously mentioned there is 3 main companies representing 90% of the users in Canada. In 2015, there was 29,765,430 users with Rogers representing 34% (or 10,120,246.2), Bell 29% (8,631,974 users) and Telus 29% (8,631,974 users) (1). In 2019, it was projected the number of users would reach 30.6 million (2), while the % between carriers can fluctuate, we will use these numbers as reference. As for the subsidies, I wasn't able to find exact stats for each company. Based on an educated guess, I would think that the main company holds the majority of the users. Where the equivalent for Public Mobile, probably represent less than 1/3 of the users (2,848,551.42 users). Honestly, I really doubt it's that high, probably closer 1-10% (max 863,197.4 users).

Something else that could help establish numbers of users is the community board. So as of today and the stats from the last 30 days, there was 939 participants, 0.01% of the total number of users in Telus. While I see the benefits of this board, I doubt it's used constantly by all users. If you say it's only used by 0.1% of users then the number of users could be equal to 939000.

Well... That's my educated guess.

Thank you @Tiprix for your digging !

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tiprix wrote:

@JaimeLaPizza I did a bit of digging, hopefully this can help give you a bit of perspective.

As previously mentioned there is 3 main companies representing 90% of the users in Canada. In 2015, there was 29,765,430 users with Rogers representing 34% (or 10,120,246.2), Bell 29% (8,631,974 users) and Telus 29% (8,631,974 users) (1). In 2019, it was projected the number of users would reach 30.6 million (2), while the % between carriers can fluctuate, we will use these numbers as reference. As for the subsidies, I wasn't able to find exact stats for each company. Based on an educated guess, I would think that the main company holds the majority of the users. Where the equivalent for Public Mobile, probably represent less than 1/3 of the users (2,848,551.42 users). Honestly, I really doubt it's that high, probably closer 1-10% (max 863,197.4 users).

Something else that could help establish numbers of users is the community board. So as of today and the stats from the last 30 days, there was 939 participants, 0.01% of the total number of users in Telus. While I see the benefits of this board, I doubt it's used constantly by all users. If you say it's only used by 0.1% of users then the number of users could be equal to 939000.

This won't be very accurate either, but it gives some clue:
When I signed up in Nov 2016, my account number was in the 900,000's.  When one of my referrals signed up last month, their account number was in the 1,600,000's. Of course, that won't mean PM has 1.6 mil subscribers, as I'm sure there has been much churn at the same time.  But it does put an upper limit on the current subscriber total, assuming PM uses sequential account numbering.

Tiprix

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JaimeLaPizza wrote:

@will13am wrote:

From a network perspective, this brand is the same as much of the competition.  On the offerings, the growth of the brand speaks for itself.  Very exceptional considering the lack of physical stores and negligible advertising.  The community should get some recognition for the word of mouth advertising. 

Does anyone know how many Public Mobile subscribers there are ? 

I don't know how many subscribers there are, but I do know that the more that subscribe to Public Mobile the more pressure there is on the other companies to lower their prices too - so get everyone we know to switch to Public Mobile ASAP!

JaimeLaPizza

@will13am wrote:

From a network perspective, this brand is the same as much of the competition.  On the offerings, the growth of the brand speaks for itself.  Very exceptional considering the lack of physical stores and negligible advertising.  The community should get some recognition for the word of mouth advertising. 

Does anyone know how many Public Mobile subscribers there are ? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AfanMedia wrote:

Hey Guys! I switched from a MAJOR network to Public Mobile. In case anyone is in doubt about the effectiveness of PB, please be assured that you are onto the best provider!

Public Mobile is not a network in itself. It uses Telus. You're still on a major network. In case you haven't noticed, here's a comparison...

• National Networks (Premium, mid-class, low-cost)
    • Bell (Bell, Virgin, Lucky/PC)
    • Rogers (Rogers, Fido, Chatr/7-11/Petro-Canada)
    • Telus (Telus, Koodo, Public)
  • Regional Networks
    • Videotron (Videotron, ---, Fizz)
    • Eastlink
    • Sasktel
    • Shaw (---, Freedom, ---)

So there should be no doubt.

Need Help? Let's chat.