cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 set up- no calling ability

Justyurche
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data works on LTE but I can't receive or make calls. Am I missing something...

10 REPLIES 10

Justyurche

Problem seems to have sorted itself out. May have been from a network outage. Just poor timing when you’re new to a carrier. All seems good now.

@Justyurche wrote:

If I disable LTE in settings, then nothing works. I have a voice and data plan. Currently the data will work when LTE is turned on, but I cannot make or receive calls.

Please follow @Anonymous's recommendation for network type.

If disabling LTE makes data stop functioning, the HSPA network is disabled on your phone.  The HSPA network can also be used for data, but is reqiired for phone calls.

@greygoose22 wrote:

This sounds like a partial port issue. I would recommend contacting a moderator through private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

That's not impossible that there could be a porting issue.  However, @Justyurche's symptoms are not indicative of that since outgoing phone calls aren"t working either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justyurche wrote:

If I disable LTE in settings, then nothing works. I have a voice and data plan. Currently the data will work when LTE is turned on, but I cannot make or receive calls.

Dare I step into an Apple question but did you check under Voice & Data setting that it's 3G rather than 4G?

Settings/Mobile Data/Mobile Data Options/Voice & Data - choose 3G.

@Justyurche wrote:

@Justyurche  Try doing a soft account reset by using the lost/stolen trick.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Justyurche

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check @geopublic's suggestion about making sure you're not on LTE first, but if that doesn't solve your problem and you are on a plan with calling, then try a network reset. You will lose saved WiFI networks and BT devices but it often solves these types of issues.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Justyurche wrote:

My data works on LTE but I can't receive or make calls. Am I missing something...

Did you just sign up? Did you port number from previously carrier? If you did you may need waiting more time for PM to finish the porting.

greygoose22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This sounds like a partial port issue. I would recommend contacting a moderator through private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Justyurche wrote:

@Justyurche  It's missing 3G. Are you on data only plan? If not, and your plan details are correct viia selfserve then make sure your phone is not set to LTE only.

Need Help? Let's chat.