cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice - Takes a mod request to receive?!?

ShawnC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did a quick search and I cannot believe what I am reading. It takes requeting a mod to get an invoice? Every single time? And it takes weeks?!? For real? If that's the case I will be porting out. Who has time for that?

16 REPLIES 16

ShawnC

LOL. Blindly? I check a great deal of things prior to signing up for a service. I do procurement for a living - I live in the details. I expect to receive proof of payment on purchases. Doesn't matter if it is pre or post paid. I don't check to see if I'll get a receipt at a gas station before filling up. I don't think about getting a receipt at Starbucks every morning.  But I get them every time because that's what companies do when you buy things from them. Honestly, I don't get why you are so interested in defending the indefensible but fill your boots. I'm done.

@ShawnC, follow the process.  Send a message to the Moderator_Team account, detail exactly what you need, and they will provide it.

For being a smart guy and knowing you can write stuff off when you require it, you should know what the provider does before you blindly sign up.

As I stated, I don't require the invoices for anyone else to see.  I use my service as my personal device, and if the employer wishes me to have a phone, the employer will choose the provider and deal with the payments.  Not me.

ShawnC

Yeah, we can all do a lot of things with guesswork and estimates and bandaid solutions but good luck with that should you wish to write off the monthly plan expense for tax purposes. Or if you need to provide an employer with proof of payment for reimbursement. It's not a big ask for a company to provide you with proof of payment. But since that's not possible for me to do (for whatever reason), I'll take my accounts elsewhere. Seems like a strange way to lose business when it's so easily remedied.  

@ShawnC, my device is my personal device.  I don't need to report the purchases to anyone other than myself.  I can use my payment history to see what's been applied each cycle to my term (it's the same every cycle), and the only thing that changes is how much I pay based on rewards.  I know I'm taxed at Ontario HST rate of 13%, so I can track my spending if I wanted to.

If I required more information to provide to someone else, I'd let them choose my provider, and get them to deal with the invoicing and payment.

ShawnC

There are an awful lot of apologists here. If you could remove your fanboy goggles, just a little, it should not unreasonable to expect that you would be provided some proof of payment for a good or service received.  Since this is, in fact, possible (thru a mod on a case by case basis), obviously PM agrees that they should to be able to provide this. The fact that they make it so onerous is the real story here. I like the Telus brands, and have been a client for over 15 years. I guess I've just outgrown the base level of service that PM provides.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, If you pay by credit card, could your credit card statement  be a receipt? It shows the date , company name , and payment amount with tax.

@ShawnC, I'm sorry, but if you don't feel that asking the Moderator_Team to help you is sufficient, then perhaps you should go elsewhere.

You can attempt to create your own documents if you wish using the payment history information in the My Account module, and pair it with your credit card bill, but even that is going to be a hassle, as the payment history doesn't include taxes that you pay.

If this is a feature you need to provide for tax or business purposes, this is the wrong carrier for you.

ShawnC

Not getting a receipt for payment is bizzare. So yes, I am for real. The idea that because this is a low cost carrier it somehow absolves them of this responsibility is crazy. It's very easy to generate invoices automatically such that they require zero human input. Needing a mod to do it is far more cost inefficient. 

kelvarnsen

@Dunkman wrote:

@ShawnC 

Your research is correct.  Most people do not require a formal invoice, so if you need one, you will need to contact moderator.  

Low cost, no frills type of mobile company.

What I find odd is that you would think, that giving people the ability to pull up their own receipts from their accounts (completely self-serve) would be lower cost than actually having to pay moderators to do it.

Dogbert

@ShawnC wrote:

I did a quick search and I cannot believe what I am reading. It takes requeting a mod to get an invoice? Every single time? And it takes weeks?!? For real? If that's the case I will be porting out. Who has time for that?

One work around (not perfect), but you can always purchase vouchersand you'll get a receipt for the voucher.

surreyboz

@ShawnC wrote:

Are you for Real?  This is a Prepaid Service where you pay before you use the service. If you don't pay you don't have Service.  Invoices are not Provided with almost all Prepaid Provider in North America.   The only Prepaid provider in Canada that offered invoices was Mobilicity and you can see what happened to them.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The majority of subscribers don't need it.  Some people request it to claim on their income tax return as a business expense or a work related reimbursement from their employer.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC You have to request for your payment record as official receipts from Moderator. I won't get one for my Speakout account. Cutting cost...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC wrote:

It's really more of a personal-use, non-essential phone service anyway.

If you need a phone service with call centre support and bills for business then look elsewhere for a post-paid option.

Do any of the pre-paid providers offer bills and all for business needs?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ShawnC 

Your research is correct.  Most people do not require a formal invoice, so if you need one, you will need to contact moderator.  

Low cost, no frills type of mobile company.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Well it is what it is.  Prepaid doesn't have the same rules as postpaid where you need a bill to tell you how much you need to pay.  Prepaid is always the same fixed amount.  

Need Help? Let's chat.