cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim

Loraq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new SIM for a new account for a different phone. Went online to register and activate it, got past the payment page and got a "Generic Error".

So I followed the link which sent me all the way back to the beginning. I tried to re-register and the SIM in now coming up invalid. I waited over an hour and even tried incognito as suggested by posts here in community. Still doesn't work. I attempted to contact moderator on private message and did not get a response.

Also, I find this community page quite difficult to navigate. It takes some time figuring out how to post in community, find out how to contact a moderator and find answers that relate to my issue. 

5 REPLIES 5

theagent25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

similar thing has happened to me before when buying sim card from retail store...

the sim card was brand new, but somehow I couldn't active it, and when the moderator responded to my question, as it turned out the card was already activated by someone else

in that case, i had to buy another sim card, but this time i made sure I could activate it first at the store before leaving

@Loraq wrote:

Can't login and SIM isn't activated. Number never ported from previous service provider 

@Loraq  Unfortunately you need to wait for the moderators response. Might want to try activating one more time while waiting to hear back.

Loraq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can't login and SIM isn't activated. Number never ported from previous service provider 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Loraq wrote:

I bought a new SIM for a new account for a different phone. Went online to register and activate it, got past the payment page and got a "Generic Error".

So I followed the link which sent me all the way back to the beginning. I tried to re-register and the SIM in now coming up invalid. I waited over an hour and even tried incognito as suggested by posts here in community. Still doesn't work. I attempted to contact moderator on private message and did not get a response.

Also, I find this community page quite difficult to navigate. It takes some time figuring out how to post in community, find out how to contact a moderator and find answers that relate to my issue. 

@Loraq it's possible that the sim might have been activated. Did you test in the phone to see if it works?

Can you login into your self serve account? If yes, does your account show active?

If your account is active try the lost/stolen account rest trick.

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can take 48-72 hours for a response depending on workload.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you try putting the sim in another phone ?

Need Help? Let's chat.