cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim error first line on the Activation form.

A-M-B
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

trying to activate New Sim.  Receiving invalid Sim error. 

Tried annother browser and clearing cookies.  Anything else I should try. Would prefer not to waste $10 on annother SIM card 

25 REPLIES 25

@A-M-B How can that happen??? But hopefully everything is ok with your account now....finally....Smiley Happy

@sandpublic yes it will be helpful if they ask you first for it.Smiley Happy

A-M-B

Resolved by moderators. The SIM card had been activated by someone else previously. 

Got a new SIM card and it worked perfectly.  Great service!  

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lieux wrote:

@sandpublic it's not a good idea to send many messages to the moderators...they will answered you that you have already a moderator with your case...

I think it would be helpfull to the moderators to have a pic of the SIM card showing the number in the event that the SIM card was accidently activated in error by another would be PM subscriber.

A-M-B

Thanks I will hold tight and wait.

@sandpublic it's not a good idea to send many messages to the moderators...they will answered you that you have already a moderator with your case...

It could be the sim card but not with a wrong number or the process of activation would not be complete...I think...anyway...your activation failed and you will need help from the moderator...Smiley Frustrated

sandpublic

@A-M-B wrote:

Yes. entered with no spaces.  I have activated My daughters phone and sim without issue.  99% sure its the Sim card was acciddentally used by someone typing a wrong number in during activation.

If that's the case then you would have to wait for a moderator to resolve you also should take a picture of the SIM and upload it as a new message to the moderator group.

A-M-B

Yes. entered with no spaces.  I have activated My daughters phone and sim without issue.  99% sure its the Sim card was acciddentally used by someone typing a wrong number in during activation.

sandpublic

@A-M-B wrote:

Bought it at The MobileShop.  

I tried different browsers, Incognito mode, removing all cookies and waiting a few hours.

sent a message to the moderators yesterday and annother this morning.  hoping I can get this resolved today.  I guess if I don't hear anything I willhave to go buy annother $10 SIM card Not an Ideal solution.

Are you entering the number that is printed on the actual SIM card?

No that's not the ideal solution...The best is to not send more than one message to the moderator...and wait few hours to 2 days...Smiley Frustrated...and if you can't wait yes it would the solution to buy another sim card but you are not really sure that's the problem yet...

A-M-B

Bought it at The MobileShop.  

I tried different browsers, Incognito mode, removing all cookies and waiting a few hours.

sent a message to the moderators yesterday and annother this morning.  hoping I can get this resolved today.  I guess if I don't hear anything I willhave to go buy annother $10 SIM card Not an Ideal solution.

Where did you buy it? And did you try the incognito mode and the other trick?

A-M-B

Thanks for the tip, However I got the error as soon as I completed entering the SIM Card #.  nothing else was filled out.   

If anything worked yesterday you can write a message to the moderator...It's never waisting time...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And explain your problem with details.

sandpublic

@A-M-B wrote:

Tried annother browser and clearing cookies.  Anything else I should try. Would prefer not to waste $10 on annother SIM card 

Is this a new sim or a previously activated sim card?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@A-M-B 

Any time you need to go back one page during the avtivation process, you should close the browser and start over again because it will confuse the software.  Restarting the browser will ensure that your activation will start from a fresh session.

Good luck.

A-M-B

I will give that a try. Thanks

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Wait an hour then try again using Chrome in incognito mode. If it's still giving you an error send a private message to a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

@A-M-B wrote:

What brand phone do you have ? Is that phone unlocked or is locked to a previous provider ?

amb mentioned this was on the activation form so it couldn't have anything to do with the phone yet.

A-M-B

It’s an unlocked iPhone. I haven’t put the SIM card into the phone yet.  I only entered the SIM number into the activation tool

A-M-B

Yes it happened first time I entered the number

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@A-M-B wrote:

@A-M-B  Wait an hour, if the problem is not solved send a message to the moderator team. Click this to message them.  They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@A-M-B wrote:

@A-M-B  Did it happen the very first time you went through the activation process, or did you click back or it messed up and you tried again? You are absolutely sure you are typing it in correctly? If it happened the very first time I would contact the mods, maybe someone else accidentally (unlikely, but possible) used your sim or its no good.  Click this to send them a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.