cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issue

Andrea-N
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I click on the internet it says "a secure connection could not be established"

I can go into Google and type stuff in but as soon as I click on a link it says that

How do I fix?

8 REPLIES 8

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Andrea-N wrote:

When I click on the internet it says "a secure connection could not be established"

I can go into Google and type stuff in but as soon as I click on a link it says that

How do I fix?

@Andrea-N Definitley a bizarre issue. It's seems no one else has seen it but to summarize your posts:

a) the phone acts normally when you turn off cell data and surf through a wifi connection,

b) the phone acts normally as a hot spot with wifi off and cell data "on"

Is this correct?

Have you tried a factory reset on the phone? Be sure to back up any data you want saved before trying this.

Do you still have the problem?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Andrea-N

I've always been with public mobile and I've had this phone over a year. It was fine online till last week. My password on wifi isn't the issue. If it was it would just not connect to it. It's connected I can download crap from the play store and play online games it's the Internet on my phone ugh I don't get it.

its a Samsung ace II

Using WiFi with handset should be working, Is there a Password? If password is incorrect, That's why

If So, Possibly Handset's WiFi Card is Faulty

Data for Handset, My only diagnosis, APN, (Access Point Name) settings is probably not set

What is your handset, Make, Model, Sub-Model?

Which carrier handset was with before Public Mobile?

Andrea-N

Can't go online using wifi or data. I don't get it. I was hoping someone had seen this before and knew the fix so I didn't have to call tech support but looks like I might not have the option

From what you have described, sounds like you are using WiFi, Not Data, unless you are having difficulties going online using Carrier Data

Andrea-N

I can use it as a hot spot I do it all the time with my iPad but if I go online on my cell it says that. It's not an internet provider issue since its not happening on any other machines in my house. its my cell phone Only. That's y I'm posting here.

hunnybunny
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hi @Andrea-N

are you using your phone as hot spot or is this something thats through your internet provider.

if its a hot spot issue can you use the internet on your phone?

if this is your internet provider issue kindly email them with your issue 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

How is this related to your cell phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.