cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Not Working - Redmi Note 6 Pro

pankajg86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Redmi Note 6 Pro and been using it since start of the year. 

I have Public Mobile Plan $30/ 1GB. 

Internet was working earlier just fine but since last 2 months, I am facing internet connectivity issues and it does not work almost 80% of the time. 

I have checked APN settings, restarted mobile to check if it works and browsed thorugh every possible solution here including data meter settings etc. but to no avail.

My plan just started 2 days back and it says 35 MB used out of 1 GB but i havenot used it while browsing. Even when I have a lot of data to use, I am not able to browse.

Pls advise what can be done or if there is a backend fix needed pls do that.

If there is any other information you guys need, please let me know.

Thanks

Pankaj

7 REPLIES 7

ipkonfig

Is the data working when you try the SIM on another device? If it works, then you can rule out backend issues, right? Also correct me if I am wrong - but does this phone support any of the 4G frequencies used by PM? I am looking at GSM Arena and I see that the phone supports just Band 4 LTE of PM. The other LTE bands such as 12, 13, 17 and 29 are not supported.

pankajg86

Looks like Reset has to be done. 

Will udpate if it resolves after that.

pankajg86

Tried the option to change to 3G too as well as LTE preferred. Same result.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pankajg86, there is nothing much that Public Mobile can do to address potential phone compatibility issues.  If it is a network problem at their end, obviously they can look into that.  I normally don't like making this suggestion.  But it seems like you might be having software issues on your phone, so a factory reset may be necessary. 

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, have you tried forcing the phone into "3G" mode instead of "LTE"? Some say it is faster.

pankajg86

I already tried putting it in the 2nd sim slot but same issue. it is not working or will work for 1 min or so and stop working. 

I have changed APNs, manually input all APN settings as per this forum and tried to use default APN too but does not work.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have a second sim slot try putting it in or try using the sim in another phone .  What version of Android are you using ?

Need Help? Let's chat.