cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International text

nedanedayi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

My plan contains International Text. But when I want to text someone out of Canada, it fails.

Do you have any ideas what I can do?

In addition, my plan contains Natiowide Talk, does it mean that I cannot receive a call from out of Canada?

6 REPLIES 6

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Another issue I have seen with international texts is this: Receiving texts from, and sending texts to, an international number works just fine but REPLYING to an international text fails.  This appears to differ from carrier to carrier and phone manufacturer.  It may also occur because of the SMS gateways that are used in North America.  

Just something to watch out for if you don't receive a response to a message ...

I haven't actually experienced this with PM but now that I recollect it, I will have to test.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can recieve calls from anywhere in the world. The texting issue may involve not entering the phone number correctly. It's a common error.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nedanedayi wrote:

Hi

My plan contains International Text. But when I want to text someone out of Canada, it fails.

@nedanedayi  More than likeley you are not entering the info correclty or the receiver cannot accept texts.

In addition, my plan contains Natiowide Talk, does it mean that I cannot receive a call from out of Canada?

You should be able to receive calls from anywhere in the world without any additional charges.

nedanedayi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. I forgot to add area code of the country. Now, It's fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nedanedayi wrote:

Hi

Be sure to use 011 or the + (plus) sign in front of the country code and then all the phone numbers.

While in Canada, you can receive calls from anywhere on the planet.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nedanedayi wrote:

Hi

are you entering the number correctly whe you are sending the sms ? 

you can receive calls from anyone as long as you are in canada and you have service.

Need Help? Let's chat.